PDA

View Full Version : OEM anchor replacement

jrcinnh
10-18-2006, 10:52 AM
My boat came with an anchor called Kodiak from South Coast, which does not seem to exist on the web. It says 22 on the bottom and it looks like a clone of a Delta Fast-set. Does anyone know for sure how big an anchor I can fit. Will a Delta 35 lb fit? How about a 33 lb claw? Is there anyway to be sure without trying it?

What do all the 300 DA owners have? The current anchor works, but Christmas is coming.

Bottom Line
10-18-2006, 11:17 AM
You can order directly from Southcoast Marine Products. I obtained their phone number from Sea Ray customer service. Their prices are quite a bit cheaper than other companies. I lost my anchor this summer and ordered a new 25lb plow anchor...the cost was $103.00 plus shipping...which was very expensive because I needed it in 2 days. As I recall, there was alot of discussion on SRO about the best type of anchors. We boat on a freshwater lake with a rocky bottom, the thru discussions with other, a plow type seems to work the best.

Alex D
10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Why not wish for something you really need for Christmas instead of repalcing a perfectly fine working anchor :huh:
I think the 25 lbs. is way large enough ... why put a huge hunk of iron out front. With 20 to 25 foot of chain and enough scope you'll hook like a champ

Bridog
10-18-2006, 04:36 PM
You can order directly from Southcoast Marine Products. I obtained their phone number from Sea Ray customer service. Their prices are quite a bit cheaper than other companies. I lost my anchor this summer and ordered a new 25lb plow anchor...the cost was $103.00 Holt cow! Bottom line, I should have ask on SRO in August when I had the same problem trying to find out how I could replace my Kodiak 25lb anchor.( Some a-hole did a "drive by" and bent my anchor chute and anchor on my 260DA)) I searched online for Kodiak and had no such luck so I ordered a Kodiak through Marine Max. MM # 354527. Kodiak 25lb plow at 265.99 and that was without freight. I need to start researching more ...ouch. Oh well, live and learn. Anyway it seemed to me that the 25 lb anchor would be more than enough for a 300DA.

jrcinnh
10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
The current anchor sets pretty well, it should I have 25' of chain. But there we're a few times that it wouldn't set. It just skipped along the bottom. I raft up sometimes and more is always better. Where I was skipping this Carver guy dropped his monster Bruce, it grabbed instantly and three boats didn't budge it. Maybe I have anchor envy :smt043

Plus it can't hurt to have a spare. I've left a few fluke anchors around the rocky lake bottom with the old boat. I know anchor selection is a open topic but I've been amazed on how much better this plow hooks up compared to the fluke on the old boat.

Bottom Line
10-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Bridog...I found the same prices as you when contacting Marine Max. Also check some other places such as West Marine. I then emailed Sea Ray customer service and to find out the exact replacement anchor and found out about Southcoast Marine products. Anyway if anyone needs the number for Southcoast Marine...727-573-4821.

Bridog
10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks BL, That advice alone would have saved me big time. Hopefully JC will have the same luck. Thanks again, Brian.