Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Modifications/Customizations' started by Stee6043, May 18, 2017.
links to many pics in my post.
And I thought rebuilding my seastrainers this winter was good.
Several boat bucks over the past few seasons...
Prealpha outdrive to B2 and 5.7 Vortec.
Custom aluminum work includes (larger) swim platform, radar arch and 3 pc engine covers.
Tandem aluminum trailer with EH disc brakes (if that counts).
Full remote controls to kicker including steering.
Electric Scotty downriggers and trap puller.
-20 C this weekend. Can't wait to get her unthawed and back in the water.
Are the alarms mounted on each manifold? Four total or two? Thanks
We did the plas deck last year and love it. I agree the natural is the way to go.
In-line 6 cyl diesels so only one exhaust manifold per engine.
the Borel or aqualarm web site will explain what is necessary for V configurations.
I love how that cooler fits perfectly in the gap of your bench. I wish I had that....
I have to add a new "top upgrade" to my list today. I have another thread going on this but it definitely belongs here too.
Today I finished the project of adding new emblems and letters on my arch. For the money I am really pleased with the way it looks.
I also added another slick, cheap upgrade today. The Fusion "stick-on" remote. I've got my first one installed by my cockpit sink and it works flawlessly. I plan to add a second at the helm as well.
Looks good. Did the old logo come off with fishing line and a heat gun?
Thank you! I used one of those credit card sized plastic blades they send with vinyl decals to remove the old ones. No heat required. I just pried from one end to the point that it popped. Very straight forward. The glue left behind took some time to clean but nothing a half bottle of goo-gone coldn't handle.
1 windless install.
2 extended swim ladder.
1. A bigger boat... made it longer and wider
Did you just run the old boat through the boat stretcher?
We picked up a 1990 310 Sundancer August of 2018.
1. Fixed the bow spot light (stuck in one position)
2. Black water holding tank level indicator (fixed the electronic board).
3. Intermittent starting issue with starboard engine. New slave relay.
4. Leaking tilt/trim cylinder (needed new seals)
5. Bilge pump (one of the two was running, not pumping).
6. Buff/wax/buff/polish etc...………...
Things we'd love to do.
1. Replace the 90's carpet in the cabin, go to a laminate of some type.
2. Repair the tilt/trim indicators on the outdrives
3. Replace the headliner in the cabin (dirty and stained), need to figure out how that comes out. Also need to re-upholster the cushions in the cabin.
4. Steering actuator leaked all the oil out. I have new, need to get new hoses made as the new unit has different size connections.
5. Add some traction to the cockpit, PO removed the snaps for the carpet. Need to find something so the dog can walk.
Love the concept of bunks in the aft cabin. Would you post some pics please?
Sure. Below is the post to the thread I had when I did it to my 340. I've completed building bunk 2.0 for my 400 and will be installing it soon. There will be no more support in the middle for the new version but otherwise same concept.
As promised here are some photos of the bunk I added to my 400. I finally got it installed last night. I initially built the bunk with a fair amount of "hoping and wishing" it would fit through the door in one piece. Of course...it's a boat project....it did not fit through in one piece. I added the hing and some supports on the inside over the past two weekends. Fits like a charm and is a substantial improvement over my "Bunk 1.0" since this one does not have a center support.
I crawled up on it last night. I could easily sleep on this thing. Lots of room for growing kids! I can also sleep under it, on my side, with no problem. A bit less room underneath than my 340 but should work perfectly even if we have guests overnight.
I used leftover EVA foam from my swim platform project to protect the vinyl where the wood meets the boat cushions and walls. That's the only reason you see the gray bits stuck on. Otherwise it's all cheap lumber and leftover wood stain...a cheap project.
Looks great! Sea Ray must have intended the Sundancers for couples only.
Hah...nah, I tend to think (like the rest of the world) they designed for families with two kids only. Three kids just makes everything more challenging.
Now if you want to talk Tiara - there is a line of boats really made for couples only!
Haha! I think I know what line you are referring too.