1. Please join your fellow forum members on our new Facebook Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/247355990036949
  2. Just a quick reminder to keep politics off CSR. It is a volatile time, there are a million places online to discuss politics, CSR is not one of them. Thanks everyone!

Need help identifying this drain hose fitting

Discussion in 'General Maintenance/Repair Questions' started by Rotzy, Jan 11, 2021 at 6:22 PM.

  1. Lazy Daze

    Lazy Daze Well-Known Member TECHNICAL Contributor GOLD Sponsor

    Apr 21, 2009
    I thought we were just talking about the sink drain.

    But, yes, in the case of a pressurized hose, that would change things. While the plumber's putty would solve the issue, it's not like it's challenging to use the hose cuff, either.

    Funny thing is, I don't recall hose cuffs actually being used at the thru-hull barb. It could just be that I don't remember one way or the other... but it has me curious, now, if they're used there.

    EDIT: There's no mention of it in the parts list, but truthfully, that's not always indicative of "is it or isn't it used" as sometimes some parts are not shown.
  2. Rotzy

    Rotzy New Member

    Sep 14, 2020
    260 Sundancer, 2002
    MerCruiser 5.0MPI, Bravo III
    I don't have any currently used on a thru hull fitting. They are used at the sink connection, the shower sump fittings and the connection to the holding tank. Actually, now that I think about it, I do have some used on the larger engine hatch drain thru hulls.

Share This Page

Show Sidebar