Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Installation Photos/Specs' started by dvx216, Mar 14, 2020.
I should have mentioned this in the beginning to remove the top of the platform and steps . The platform top has mounting screws you can get to through the storage drawer the sides are stapled and across the very front there is a row of screws that you can't get to so I was able to pry this off with no problem. The to up stair cleats are three pieces the bottom piece is held on by two long screws one on each side going through the top . Once you pull these two screws out you can get to screws from the bottom of the mounting plate.
Looks line fine art sculptures.
All that's left is the finish.
dvx216, I can't recall if you mad a post about your flooring install, but if you did, do you mind posting a link to it? I love the light color and how it looks with the coloring of the interior, which is similar to my 97 330. I am VERY inspired by what you are doing.
Creek i can't take credit for the floor. I bought the flooring from PlasTeak and after pulling the carpet we decided to go with an installer that PlasTeak recommended. Do to the how lumpy the floor was and spongy from the lack of support in front of the forward birth to fix both problems a 1/2" sub floor was used. http://clubsearay.com/index.php?threads/cabin-carpet-is-history.91566/
To wrap this up what I learned doing this job to keep in mind. The top two step cleats I was able to use the outline of the step as a pattern .The platform I had to add a 1" to the side that went up against the wall and transferred the wall on to the platform with a compass so it would fit up tight to the wall. I made a card board pattern laid out the platform up to the wall by making a larger hole around the tube and after it fit to the wall then add a piece with the slot taped to the top. The slots that are cut out so the pieces go around the 1 1/4' support tube were marked out in place because the original pieces are cut at 2" to allow for the carpet. The banding under the platform was a 3/4" which leaves a 1/4" clearance for the drawer. To finish the job I plan on drilling a hole in the platform up into the support tube for a wire to go to lights under the upper steps.