Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ask the Broker' started by jmauld, Dec 5, 2020.
What size did you settle on?
I’ll post it once I have a signed deal on it. The sellers keep yanking me around and pushing the closing date farther away. They’re complaining about having to un-winterize it and rewinterize it multiple times. I swear to god I’ve never had this much trouble giving my money away before. Maybe I smell bad?
Why wouldn't you do the survey and sea trial in the spring so winterization isn't a problem? That's what I did when I bot mine. Also didn't have to pay for haul out and launch.
Because I can use the boat now. We don’t winterize here. Ive offered to split the re-winterization costs IF we run into that scenario, but I really need a signed agreement so I can start working on other accommodations. For example, I need to sign up for a hurricane pullout club so I can get on that list. Space runs out quickly, and I’d rather not be stuck leaving the boat in the water during a hurricane. They all require boat info to sign up.
I’vd been waiting on a signed agreement for 11 days now. First, the seller broker couldn’t figure out how to use the online document program, then they wanted to add more details to the offer, then they wanted more time, I gave them more time, but now they are asking for more. I’m just frustrated with the back and forth, and I’m starting to feel like they are hiding something or stalling for other reasons.
Not sure how "married" you are to this particular boat, but I agree with you They are stalling. My guess is they are shopping your offer around. Why not add a drop dead date to the offer? ie. No signed docs by X/Y/Z and your offer is gone.
I really like this particular model and there are not a ton of them available. There are a few others available they are just a bit more challenging to get moved to me. I gave them until EOB tomorrow for a signature and a closing date that I’m not willing to extend past. If I don’t have a signature by tomorrow then I’m moving on.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck!
Well, sadly no response from the seller. Is there a place where I can place a WTB ad? It looks like the classified section is for sellers only.
I hate saying it, they are holding out for a higher offer. The online paperwork system is so easy to use it's stupid to use it as an excuse. What happened to an old fashion fax machine, we used them in the past. Demand paperwork by end of day or move one.
I thought that too, until I did some digging. This guy doesn’t care about the money. He never even countered my offer in regards to money. He is truly just pushing back over the closing date.
I’ve already mentally moved on, but Ive told my broker to keep working on it if he wants. I’ll still sign up to the point that I find a better option. I’m tired of losing sleep and being a grumpy old man over this.
This guy will be a pain in the a@@ till the end. PM me, I am a broker in NC, if you are close by, I might be able to help. My advise is free.
My broker kept pushing the deal on this boat for me and ultimately we found out that the selling broker shopped my deal around and found another buyer.
It seemed like thats what they were up to.. Annoying as all ....
You'll find another!
Yep. Tied up three weeks and another one went under contract in the meantime. I’ll get one eventually if my wife doesn’t divorce me first.
also lesson learned. Don’t play games with the offer. Make the offer and then lower the price by 5k on each subsequent offer.
It's just not a good time to be a buyer. Everything is out of wack. There is a huge supply demand imbalance.