Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 420 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Cummins 6CTA 450's

Re: 420 DA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy View Post
    Hello all :) Two things. Can someone please tell me where the a-b antenna selector is for the salon TV on a 2004 420 DA? I just put all my old TVs and other electronics in the marketplace if anyone needs anything from a 420. Thanks in advance for any help.
    What did you replace all the TV's with? ...any pics ? ...it's on my list to do as well.
    Dan
    2004 420 Sundancer 6CTA

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 420 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

420 DA Thread

Pics will be coming soon. Just have to finish up the final touches ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 44 Sundancer, AB dinghy
    Engine(s)
    Cummins QSC 8.3, 40 HP Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by becnme View Post
    I have a 2005 420 Sundancer with an Onan diesel generator that has a very rusty mounting pan. Does anyone know the procedure for removing this generator? Has anyone changed the pan?
    If that pan is rusty, that means water is likely leaking from your cooling system. When is the last time you had your generator cooling system rebuilt?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 44 Sundancer, AB dinghy
    Engine(s)
    Cummins QSC 8.3, 40 HP Yamaha

I was out there the first time this last weekend since October and brought a 24" TV I described earlier with me to see how it would work. The Aft cabin can barely fit it. There's no way to use any of the old mounting holes for the new TV. So I am taking the old TV off and making a 3.5" block that a mount will sit on. This block will attach to the current panel the TV is on and essentially remove the depth that the current TV is sitting in. I'm also considering an arm mount as well, but only if it locks in place so while underway it wont move. An arm mount would be the easiest.

For the Master, a 24" looks like it will fit well. There's just enough room for the TV to mount width wise where it wont make it seem out of place. I'm doing a 3.5" block on this one too with a regular mount. The TV has to sit off the wall just a tad so everything fits properly.

It's not as easy as I thought it would be and takes more customization than the galley TV. The galley TV was an easy replacement, everything lined up.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 420 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

420 DA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Magic34 View Post
    I was out there the first time this last weekend since October and brought a 24" TV I described earlier with me to see how it would work. The Aft cabin can barely fit it. There's no way to use any of the old mounting holes for the new TV. So I am taking the old TV off and making a 3.5" block that a mount will sit on. This block will attach to the current panel the TV is on and essentially remove the depth that the current TV is sitting in. I'm also considering an arm mount as well, but only if it locks in place so while underway it wont move. An arm mount would be the easiest.

For the Master, a 24" looks like it will fit well. There's just enough room for the TV to mount width wise where it wont make it seem out of place. I'm doing a 3.5" block on this one too with a regular mount. The TV has to sit off the wall just a tad so everything fits properly.

It's not as easy as I thought it would be and takes more customization than the galley TV. The galley TV was an easy replacement, everything lined up.
    I will get pictures today and post. 24" works great in both and very easy.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 44DA
    Engine(s)
    Cummins QSC-500

On my 2006 44, Sea Ray did not fully seal the transom shower enclosure. When the aft canvas is up, rain water would run down, hit the area near the transom shower, and the rain water would leak directly onto the generator below, which ultimately caused rusting of the enclosure and pan. I would inspect and reseal the transom shower as it may be a source of the water.

2006 Sea Ray 44 Sundancer
    2000 Sea Ray 280 Bowrider
    2005 Sea Doo 205 Utopia

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 420 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

420 DA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Magic34 View Post

Sorry every time I go down there I'm working too much and forget to take pics. Will try today. :)

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    2005 42 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Cummin's diesel

I was told that the rusty pans were from the rod holder, for lack of a better word as I don't fish. Its where I put the mount for my grill. It leaks onto the generator pan. Mine was also rusting from the channel that the floor board sits on. It needed to be caulked where it met the fiberglass. To change the pan is a big job so I have not tackled it.

Bob and Carol Hughes

Previous boats: 2007 Formula 34PC, 2005 46 Sunseeker Portofino, 2006 32 Searay Sundancer, 2004 28 Searay Sundancer, 1998 27 Searay Sundancer, 1985 21 Searay SXL

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 420 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

420 DA Thread

Saloon tv installed

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 420 Sundancer