Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2038
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 Sea Ray 320DA
    Engine(s)
    Vdrive 350 Horizon

Official 320 Dancer Thread

My dog enjoying a trip on the boat on the day after New Year's.

Brown Eyed Girl - 2007 Sea Ray 320 Sundancer, 350 MAG MPI V-drive
    Todd

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 320DA
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mercs/V-Drives

Re: Official 320 Dancer Thread

If you don't plan to remove the front panels often, get strataglass. I'm on year 8 with them, and still perfectly clear. I did replace the rear panel in Eisenglass again to roll it up. After 7 years, it is shot and needs replaced to look nice, but who really looks through that panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd320 View Post
    I currently do not have any canvas except the soft top and a cover for storage, waiting for a quote any day. I kept the front isinglass for the trip down, but threw it out since it was only good to keep the rain off, you could not see through it. I have not noticed any issues with rain coming through the top.

Boat is in Marinette, Wi

Previous boat: 1988 300 weekender Full House
    2007 320 DA Our Hands Full
    Twin VD-350 Magnum MPI MerCruiser

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 Sea Ray 320DA
    Engine(s)
    Vdrive 350 Horizon

I just don't know how we are going to use the canvas. I would prefer it stay up all year, but then I worry we will be cutting off a main source of breeze during the summer. On the other hand, I want it up during the summer so when the 15 minute thunderstorm pops up, no big deal. No scrambling around trying to get isinglass put up. The windshield is pretty curved, so I am not certain I can put roll up isinglass on each of the panels between the windshield and the arch. Does anyone else have roll up isinglass on a 320 (the u-shaped cutouts)?

Todd

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2004 Sea Ray 320 Sumdancer
    Engine(s)
    Twin VD-MX6.2L MPI MerCruiser (T-320 hp ea.)

Quote Originally Posted by spikedaddy99 View Post
    On my 320, I have the fixed soft top option instead of the bimini option. Ever since we moved to Wisconsin, and removed the top for transport, I have small leaks during rain. It used to be dry as a bone even during strong rain. I don't feel like I'm getting the top fixed to the rail as tightly as it used to be. Todd (Todd 320) it looks like we have the same boat! Mine is painted. Started out pewter...but that's another story. Any tips from anyone with the fixed option to get that top tight and stop the leaks (usually where top and side windows fit together)
    Mike
    Spikedaddy99 - Does your Soft Top attach to a canvas/awning track, then snap shut? If so, you may have to reseal or replace the track since they can wear over time. If not, they make a huge difference with not letting water in. If you mean where canvas meets canvas, it could be the stitching (zippers or whatever fastener you're using) as they'll also wear over time. Restitching is a cheap fix that any boat canvas shop can do. I always try to keep my enclosure seems taut, but leave a little bit of play to account for weather/temp changes to avoid putting too much stress on the fabric and stitching.

Ellicott City MD (me) / Pasadena MD (boat)
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2003 Sundancer 320
    Engine(s)
    Twin 5.7L 350 MAG Horizon Mercruiser V-drives

Quote Originally Posted by JimFromMD View Post
    Woody wax works great on the deck.
    Not a fan of Woody Wax. Despite what the bottle says, it left my deck super slippery and dangerous to walk on. Al lost my first mate overboard early last season after we used it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Steve

"Lollygagger"

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2001 Sea Ray 460 Sundancer 2014 Seadoo 155 LTD 2105 Seadoo 130 SE
    Engine(s)
    Cummins 6CTA 8.3L

Quote Originally Posted by scooper321 View Post
    Not a fan of Woody Wax. Despite what the bottle says, it left my deck super slippery and dangerous to walk on. Al lost my first mate overboard early last season after we used it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Scooper:

I felt the same way until I read and used the bottle exactly like it says. You have to put this on wet and it is VERY slick. Then let it dry and wipe the deck. After that it's not slippery and is amazing at repealing stains and marks. I will admit that is a bit of a pain because you have to wait for the boat to dry before wiping down the deck but the stuff is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 320DA
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mercs/V-Drives

Joe, My problem seems to be getting the top tight against the metal tubing that compromises the hard-top. The top fits into a track on the arch, then a long string like a shoe lace gets weaved through eyelets around the tubing. I can't seem to get that tight enough. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTPM View Post
    Spikedaddy99 - Does your Soft Top attach to a canvas/awning track, then snap shut? If so, you may have to reseal or replace the track since they can wear over time. If not, they make a huge difference with not letting water in. If you mean where canvas meets canvas, it could be the stitching (zippers or whatever fastener you're using) as they'll also wear over time. Restitching is a cheap fix that any boat canvas shop can do. I always try to keep my enclosure seems taut, but leave a little bit of play to account for weather/temp changes to avoid putting too much stress on the fabric and stitching.
    Boat is in Marinette, Wi

Previous boat: 1988 300 weekender Full House
    2007 320 DA Our Hands Full
    Twin VD-350 Magnum MPI MerCruiser

Boat
    Searay
    Details
    320 Sundance
    Engine(s)
    Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags

Hi all

Trying to decide between 2006 320 and 340. Both with around 450 hours and the same kit on each. Both maintained by fanatics and both surveyed. The 320 is our fave, but the 340 seems to have a pretty good following so I thought I'd check in case anyone else has gone through this and made a decision.

Also, I can't help but notice how close the engines (8.1 Horizons) are together in the 320s... does that create maintenance issues when being serviced by the dealer? I am not a DIY for boats (yet), so don't want additional cost for smaller repairs due to having to dismantle the engines !

Any advice for a soon-to-be Searay owner would be much appreciated!

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 Sundancer 340
    Engine(s)
    Merc 496 Mags, Bravo 3 Drives

ericliebman, The admiral and I went through making the same decision last year. We ended up with the 340. The 320 would have been sufficient, but the extra 6 inches in the beam and the few extra feet in the length influenced our decision. That and the fact that the 320s and 340s we were looking at were priced pretty equally, considering the differences. Then there was V drives or I/Os, went with the I/Os - we keep the boat at home on a lift which helps to save the drives considerably. Also, a ton of room in the bilge to do maintenance. I work on my brother in laws 320 with V Drives - it is a nightmare compared to mine. Try them all - don't be rushed. You will know which one is right for you. Happy hunting.
    "Jus Chill'n" 2006 340 DA 496 / Bravo IIIs

Past Boats: 2001 Maxum 270 Merc 7.4 Bravo III
    1995 Sunbird 215 - Volvo I/0 / 1990 Bayliner Trophy 205 - Force 120 /
    1981 Starcraft 16 - Merc 90

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    320 Sundancer 2005, Raymarine C120 and C80 Highfield 9.6 RIB & Tohatsu 8hp Previous boat: 215 expre
    Engine(s)
    350 Mercruisers V-drives

I love our 320 but I'd probably have to think long and hard between the 2 if we had it to do all over again. For us in salt water v drives were a must. The admiral loved the port side lounger over the forward facing seat in the 340. Personally I like the lower swim platform on the 320. All that being said it would still be a tough call between the 2.