Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.CBangler.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Boat
    Seacraft
    Details
    23 Center Console, Raymarine C140W, Raymarine S1000 Pilot, Standard GX2100 VHF w/AIS, Airmar GH2183
    Engine(s)
    250 Yamaha HPDI

New Section Now OPEN

This is a new section I have been thinking about. A place for those "other people" to hang out. Lots of people come here looking for info on getting into a Sea Ray so here is a section where those commonly asked questions and discussions can reside. Sound good?

Jim Maier | BOEmarine.com | 866.735.5926 x104

Get 2% Back on every order with our Captain Rewards Program!

Please do not send me emails through CSR or PM's. I get too many inquiries to be able to manage them that way.
    Please email me jim@boemarine.com

Boat
    06 Sea Ray
    Details
    320 Dancer
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 V Drives

Re: New Section Now OPEN

Great idea
    Bill @ Sandy's Beach Adventures Website:http://sandysbeachadventures.webs.com/

2006 320 Sundancer, Twin 350 Merc Horz. V Drives
    Prev 2004 280 Dancer
    Prev 2003 240 Dancer

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    355 AC
    Engine(s)
    165 Crusader

Great Idea. When members post, most, will have a pic of there boat so someone could get an idea who has the type they are or might be looking for.
    Vern
    83 355AC " Hole in the Water "
    twin 165 Crusaders
    PC, FL.
    "Boating is not a matter of life or death, It's more important than that!

Boat
    2011 Hurricane Sun Deck 187 OB
    Details
    2011 Hurricane with Magic Tilt Trailer
    Engine(s)
    115 HP Yamaha Four Stroke

Question Re: New Section Now OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by hack4alivin View Post
    Great idea

I have seen this a bit before not the thread, but the ice chest on the swim platform. My question, how well do these chests ride located there, any breakage?

As to the thread I like the idea of the photos showing the users different boats.

2011 Hurricane SunDeck 187 OB, 115 HP Yamaha
    2002, 380 Sundancer, 8.1s engines (SOLD-01/01/2015)
    GED, HS, BS, AS, MBA, US Army Retired, Sergeant First Class, VFW Life member, NRA Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation Life Member, Member Gun Owners of America

Boat
    Formula
    Details
    1979 255 Liberator
    Engine(s)
    twin Mercruiser 450 HP I/O on Bravo I Drives

Wow...what a good idea.

I fall into the category of " I think I want a Sea Ray...but which one...?"

I have years of South Florida boating experience with 3: Formulas over a 15 year period and have taken Bertrams and Hatteras' accross to the Bahamas several times.

My wife has "zero" coastal boating experience...only lakes and rivers in Alabama and Tennessee. I have made her understand that offshore is a different world and that you don't head out the inlet in junk that might not bring you back.

Now she thinks that you MUST have a 50 Ft. + boat to go in the ocean!

I have decided that the best all around for us would be a 34' Sundancer with an eventual move up to a 45' Express Bridge. I like the idea of diesels in anything larger than a 30 footer.

I am a bit hesitant about jumping in for $100K + untill I see how well my wife does in the coastal enviroment. Having said all that I think at this time I'm looking at 23'~28' with twin small blocks or a single big block.The target budget (used of course) would be $10K~15K.

I am undecided on trailer or dry stack. I have a new F-150 SuperCrew 4 X 4 w/tow package that will go 9000# on the tow but I can't park a boat in my neighborhood longer than 48 hrs at a time. I have a 3 car garage with 8' high doors that I might be able to put a 24' inside. Otherwise I would keep it in a dry storage warehouse on the intracoastal which will probably run $400~$500/month. Another option would be on a trailer in a storage lot and just bring it home the night before we go out to get ready.

In a boat this size (23~28) I would limit going "outside" to not more than 2'~4' seas...otherwise we would stay inside. If after a while I see that the "Woman God" gets used to the deal and is in to it then I'll move up. Hopefully this works out.

There are probably others that pass through this forum that have similar circumstances.

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Boat
    Sea Ray.... Duh
    Details
    2003 320 Sundancer & 2012 185 Sport & 2007 Pro-Line 20 Sport
    Engine(s)
    Twin 6.2L Close Cooled V-Drives & 3.0L Alpha 1 & 135 Honda OB

Quote Originally Posted by sprink56 View Post
    Wow...what a good idea.

I fall into the category of " I think I want a Sea Ray...but which one...?"

I have years of South Florida boating experience with 3: Formulas over a 15 year period and have taken Bertrams and Hatteras' accross to the Bahamas several times.

My wife has "zero" coastal boating experience...only lakes and rivers in Alabama and Tennessee. I have made her understand that offshore is a different world and that you don't head out the inlet in junk that might not bring you back.

Now she thinks that you MUST have a 50 Ft. + boat to go in the ocean!

I have decided that the best all around for us would be a 34' Sundancer with an eventual move up to a 45' Express Bridge. I like the idea of diesels in anything larger than a 30 footer.

I am a bit hesitant about jumping in for $100K + untill I see how well my wife does in the coastal enviroment. Having said all that I think at this time I'm looking at 23'~28' with twin small blocks or a single big block.The target budget (used of course) would be $10K~15K.
    I am undecided on trailer or dry stack. I have a new F-150 SuperCrew 4 X 4 w/tow package that will go 9000# on the tow but I can't park a boat in my neighborhood longer than 48 hrs at a time. I have a 3 car garage with 8' high doors that I might be able to put a 24' inside. Otherwise I would keep it in a dry storage warehouse on the intracoastal which will probably run $400~$500/month. Another option would be on a trailer in a storage lot and just bring it home the night before we go out to get ready.

In a boat this size (23~28) I would limit going "outside" to not more than 2'~4' seas...otherwise we would stay inside. If after a while I see that the "Woman God" gets used to the deal and is in to it then I'll move up. Hopefully this works out.

There are probably others that pass through this forum that have similar circumstances.

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
    Are you looking for a cruiser, an overnighter/weekender, or an open bow? For that price range you'll lokely be looking at rather old open bow. Do a quick search on boattrader.com to get some idea of what's out there in your budget. I was able to tow my 1995 250DA with my F-150 easily but that was about it's safe/functional limit for me

Current boat 2003 320 DA Jimi Thing III 6.2L Close Cooled w/ V-Drives
    and 2012 185 Sport WEE RAY
    and 2007 Pro-Line 20 Sport My Wave
    Lt. Dan

Boat
    Formula
    Details
    1979 255 Liberator
    Engine(s)
    twin Mercruiser 450 HP I/O on Bravo I Drives

Quote Originally Posted by dpvandy01 View Post
    Are you looking for a cruiser, an overnighter/weekender, or an open bow? For that price range you'll lokely be looking at rather old open bow. Do a quick search on boattrader.com to get some idea of what's out there in your budget. I was able to tow my 1995 250DA with my F-150 easily but that was about it's safe/functional limit for me
    I'm going to look at this tomorrow:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/895631506.html

I replied to a local ad ('lauderdale) for a '93 24 Overnighter. Boat has been dry stacked since new and has less than 200 hrs total. Power is NEW 7.4 Gen VI w/original maintained and serviced Bravo I. Boat is complete with full canvas (Sunbrella) and is white with red trim...NO BOTTOM PAINT. Boat is reported to be extra clean (aren't they all)

The ask is $10K

I'll report back.
    Last edited by sprink56; 10-31-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    04 SeaRay 185Sport, Smart Tabs, Mageln Meridian Gold GPS, Hbird Matrix 87 dept/ff/gps/cp, Uniden vhf
    Engine(s)
    4.3L 190HP, Alpha 1 1.81 ratio, 14 1/4X21 Turning Point Prop

Good luck, be careful and check it well. I watch too much news and read too many horror stories about hurricane boats. The photos do look good but what is a photo. I hope the rest of it is as clean as the photos look.
    2004 185 Sport, 4.3L 190 Hp, Alpha 1 1.81 ratio 1994 GMC K1500, 5.7

Boat
    06 Sea Ray
    Details
    320 Dancer
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 V Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomind View Post
    I have seen this a bit before not the thread, but the ice chest on the swim platform. My question, how well do these chests ride located there, any breakage?

As to the thread I like the idea of the photos showing the users different boats.

Pseudomind,

To answer your question, I do not keep the cooler there while running; in fact I usually do not take a cooler at all. This picture was taken during a long weekend trip so we needed the extra refrigerator space. One for food, the other for beer, and the cooler for more beer of course.

Now back to the regularly scheduled tread.
    Bill @ Sandy's Beach Adventures Website:http://sandysbeachadventures.webs.com/

2006 320 Sundancer, Twin 350 Merc Horz. V Drives
    Prev 2004 280 Dancer
    Prev 2003 240 Dancer

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2001 410 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Caterpillar 3126TA

Bill, You have to change the color of the cooler.....it clashes with the red hull....Very Un-Searay like !
    Frank H.
    FBHO MOLON LABE