Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boat
    See Signature
    Details
    Various
    Engine(s)
    Various

How To Find Your "Favorite" Threads

I'm sure many of you already know this, but for those that don't, this can make your life a little bit easier when trying to find a previous thread.

Any thread that you either start or reply to becomes a "subscription" - meaning, you have automatically "subscribed" to that thread. You probably already know that since when you click on "Quick Links", then "Subscribed Threads" you will see your most recent subscribed threads. Easy enough. But what if you want to find an old thread that has information in it that you either wanted to look at again or provide a link to that thread for another member? Clicking through page after page of subscribed threads can get tedious. And we all know that forum "search engines" aren't always the most productive.

So, what you can do is make a separate folder for your "Favorite Threads". I called mine "Reference". This way you can keep these special threads in one, easy to find location. You can make a number of "extra" folders and name them anything you want. For example, maybe you're researching "new canvas". In that case, make a new folder called "Canvas" and when you come across a thread with good information (that you'd like to reference in the future), put it into your "Canvas" folder.

Here's what you do (you may want to open up a new tab/page to make this easier):
    -- Click on the main "Forum" tab.
    -- Look in the small toolbar that opens up below the main toolbar. Click on "Quick Links", then "Subscribed Threads"
    -- On the left-hand side of the page, look for "My Subscriptions" and click on "Edit Folders"
    -- Make a new folder name (you can do more than one at a time) under "Add a new folder"
    -- Click "Save Folders"

You now have the default "Subscribed Threads" folder and your new one.

Now, anytime you're reading a thread and think "Hey, this is good information. I want to save this for future reference":
    -- Click "Thread Tools" in the light-grey bar that's at the top of the thread.
    -- Click "Subscribe to Thread"
    -- Pick the folder you want to save it to from the drop-down menu
    -- Click "Add Subscription"

Whenever you want to access that special folder, follow the first set of directions above, but simply select the folder you want to go to, instead of "edit".

If you're already subscribed (default) to a folder and want to move it to your special folder, an easy way is to:
    -- While you're reading the thread, first unsubscribe from it by clicking on "Thread Tools", then "Unsubscribe"
    -- Then, immediately click "Thread Tools" again and you can "Subscribe" again. This time, you'll have the option of picking which folder you want the thread to be saved to.

I apologize if someone has already written about this... I tried a "search" first....

If anyone else has any tips, feel free to add them. Maybe you've found an even easier way.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Lazy Daze; 02-28-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Dennis
    1999 260DA, 2000 215EC, 1998 210BR, 1999 190BR, 2000 180BR. And a few others...
    1982 Grady 241 Weekender/Offshore 250HP Yammie OX66 (stern drive modded to be OB)
    "Exceeding your expectations since 1936"

Boat
    Silverton
    Details
    330 Sport Bridge
    Engine(s)
    5.7 MPI 350 Merc Bluewaters

Re: How To Find Your "Favorite" Threads

I've been here a long time and did not know that...thanks !
    Silverton 330 Sport Bridge, Kohler 7.3KW gennie, 8'6" Zodiac 3.5merc
    Previous:
    1992 Sea Ray 290DA
    1990 Sea Ray 220DA
    1989 Sea Ray 200 Bow Rider
    http://thecanvasmedic.com/#

Boat
    Totally tricked out Bayliner
    Details
    its in my signature
    Engine(s)
    6.2 Horizon MPI w/guardian system

For those wanting to see the latest post first,

go to "UserCP"
    "Edit Options"
    go down to "Thread Display Options"
    Select "Thread Display Mode" and select "Linear - Newest First"

"Save Changes" at the bottom of the UserCP page...

Now when you select "Qlinks" and "Today's Posts" you will see all the latest threads and when you select the thread you want to read, you will see the latest post to that thread first...
    Doug;}
    "Go Aweigh To" 2001 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452 6.2 Horizon (2007) (Paid for)
    BOC Moderator
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos
    http://www.baylinerownersclub.org
    MMSI: 338068776

Boat
    between Boats
    Details
    xzfea
    Engine(s)
    sadfEWF

I have been trying to get listed 'Favourite' threads but never succeeded.I am glad that you have given this trick so I can now manage posts.Thank you very much.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 400 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    8.1 Horizon V-drives

Thanks. This will make my life easier.

Boat
    2017 SEARAY 540
    Details
    Twin-Zeus-Cummins QSC 600 (T-574 hp - 420 kW) Zeus Propulsion includes Helm joystick, Onan 21.5Kw di
    Engine(s)
    Twin-Zeus-Cummins QSC 600 (T-574 hp - 420 kW) Zeus Propulsion includes Helm joystick, Skyhook® Stati

Thanks LAZY DAZE

Great tip.......

Boat
    See Signature
    Details
    Various
    Engine(s)
    Various

Just bumping this back up to the top of "new posts 24 hours" for new members.

I just used this info to move a thread about "EL Lighting" into my "reference" folder. It was already in my default, "Subscription" folder, but moving it into "reference" makes it much easier to find.

I hope some of you can use this info!
    Last edited by Lazy Daze; 09-17-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Dennis
    1982 Grady 241 Weekender/Offshore 250HP Yammie OX66 (stern drive modded to be OB)

Boat
    2005 Sea Ray 280DA
    Details
    280DA, Magic Tilt triple axle, 2006 GMC 2500 D/A
    Engine(s)
    T4.3/ Alpha

I hope I don't get flamed for asking this. I have searched for days and I'm done "searching"!! Other forums I belong to have a "my replies" button and I can quickly check threads I posted in. How do I do this here? My "subscriptions" list is empty Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    2005 280DA T4.3 towed by Duramax power

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2003 280DA and 1995 Sea Ray 175
    Engine(s)
    Twin 4.3l and 3.0l, all w/ AlphaI GenII drives

In a post you made, try clicking your username and then from the menu that appears, click "Find all posts by xxxx". I've not used this for myself, but I assume it will work the same way.
    2003 Sea Ray 280 Sundancer, Twin 4.3MPI, Alpha I's, Kohler 5.0kw Generator, Garmin 4208/GMR41 radar
    1995 Sea Ray 175 "Five Series" Bowrider, 3.0l LX Alpha I (sold Fall 2012)

My current project, a home renovation: http://mulberryhall.blogspot.com

Boat
    See Signature
    Details
    Various
    Engine(s)
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by floriduramax1 View Post
    I hope I don't get flamed for asking this. I have searched for days and I'm done "searching"!! Other forums I belong to have a "my replies" button and I can quickly check threads I posted in. How do I do this here? My "subscriptions" list is empty Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    First, what Gunn said is correct.

Second, click "UserCP" under the big boat and it will show all threads that you are apart of that have a new post since your last visit. On this "UserCP" page, you should also see your subscriptions on the left side. It should have all of the threads that you were apart of (posted or replied). If not, try checking your user pref's - other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

Third... yes, searching can sometimes be tiring...
    Dennis