Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260DA
    Engine(s)
    350 MAG Bravo III

Re: Official 240 Sundancer Thread

Todd

Granted it is confusing but one look at the prices of the new boats makes one think Sea Ray also had to come up with a another way of explaining the very high prices of the new boats. My dock mate in the slip next to me had a 2009 250DA (which was re-named 260DA in 2010). He paid a lot more for his boat (new) than I paid for mine and the size difference was clearly evident with the two boats sitting side by side. Go into the cabin and the size difference is even more evident with my boat being clearly roomier. The bigger issue is trying to explain all that to a customer looking at a used Sea Ray.

Dave

Boat
    searay
    Details
    07 240 sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0 merc 260 hp

Quote Originally Posted by searayjay View Post
    Hello i also am kicking around installing a tv in cabin did u ever post pics of your set up also does the tv/dvd
    drain your batteries to much? thanks jay
    I have yet to install or buy a tv yet but I still plan on doing it. I have postponed it due to the my marina not having electric until June .

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    240 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0L 260hp, BIII outdrive

Hello i also am kicking around installing a tv in cabin did u ever post pics of your set up also does the tv/dvd
    drain your batteries to much? thanks jay
    I have the pics on my phone, but need to figure out how to get them on here. I don't have the patch cord, but I'll figure it out. I just need a 6year old to help me! LOL
    I'll see if I can figure it out tonight.
    Mike

2006 240 DA 5.0 Bravo III, "Frayed Knot"

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    240 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

Ok.....I figured it out!

Here is a picture of the TV I installed on the microwave cabinet. I just ran wires behind the cabinet for power, drilled holes in the cabinet to mount 12 volt plugs, and just plug in the tv there. Then I use a cord to the stereo aux to get amplified sound. It is mounted on a swivel mount, and can be turned around to see from outside. I bought the mount from Best Buy I think. As for an antenna, I bought one online from Amazon. It is called a batwing antenna. It is plastic and is stuffed in behind the basket on top of the microwave. It does good enough to pull in local tv stations when I'm close to a city, which is most times.

And here is a picutre of the Sea Ray installed unit, 7" screen hooked to a DVD player in the Electrical panel.

I think the 7" is going in the Yukon! haha
    Last edited by islandhopper00; 04-15-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Mike

Boat
    searay
    Details
    1999 19.5 bowrider 2002 21' w/a 2003 searay 225 weekender latest 2011 240 dancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0mpi

thank u for the great pics really helps me vision what it will look like, im leaning to installing the mount right where u have it pictured, i do have a few more questions if u could help 1 being battery draw , will it run down your batteries say in a night of watching tv or dvds maybe 3 or 4 hrs ? and second does the tv bounce around with that articulated mount? you have been a great help thanks again jay jersey shore

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    240 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

thank u for the great pics really helps me vision what it will look like, im leaning to installing the mount right where u have it pictured, i do have a few more questions if u could help 1 being battery draw , will it run down your batteries say in a night of watching tv or dvds maybe 3 or 4 hrs ? and second does the tv bounce around with that articulated mount? you have been a great help thanks again jay jersey shore
    Battery draw,
    It doesn't seem to draw to much. However, I have (2) big Optima D31M AGM's tied together for house loads. I did that so I never have to worry about power! haha I run the tv, stereo, lights, anchor light, water pump, refrigerator, swim platform lights, ect ect overnight and the next morning there is still enough juice to fire off the motor. (I have a Optima D24M as a dedicated start battery if necessary) Even when I had just (1) D31M for house loads, it seems like I never fully discharged the battery. Most times the (1) battery wouldn't fire the motor up the next morning though. Hence why I added the second.

TV bouncing,
    I haven't noticed it bouncing, but then I store the tv with the mount folded in. That way the weight of the tv is not on the extended arms. The mount I bought has thumb nuts that tighten up to stop that also.

I wanted to add I bought the TV from a 12 volt truckers web site. I figured maybe it was designed with a little more vibration resistance. haha probably not!
    Last edited by islandhopper00; 04-16-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Mike

Boat
    searay
    Details
    1999 19.5 bowrider 2002 21' w/a 2003 searay 225 weekender latest 2011 240 dancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0mpi

ok good info do do u think with the standard 2 battery set up that comes with 240 if i turn the battery switch to only 1 battery while kids watch tv in cabin and a radio in cockpit the 1 battery would be enough for and evening?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '99 240 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0 MPI

It did for us on our 230 Sundancer doing the exact same thing - TV and radio with the night lights on all night. As islandhopper00 stated, you'll usually have to use your other battery to start up in the morning though. Once I installed LED lighting I could sometimes use the same battery the next morning.

Our new-to-us '99 240 has two house batteries and I'm thinking of going 100% LED and then removing one of the batteries for weight purposes.
    Last edited by GJarrett; 04-17-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Gerald
    1999 240 Sundancer 5.0 MPI "SeaRenity"
    1993 230 Sundancer 4.3LX "Offroad Dancer" (sold)
    South Carolina

Boat
    Searay
    Details
    2000 260DA w/Garmin 545s GPS with Standard Horion GX1500S DSC VHF
    Engine(s)
    5.7L EFI with New Gen Bravo III Merc

If your system works well with two batts keep them. It's like that raincoat Mama talked about. The 30lbs isn't going to make that much difference but the battery capacity will be nice.
    Skål, Todd

~Nehalennia ∆~ Celtic Goddess of the Seafarers
    2000 ~ SeaRay ~ 260DA, 5.7L EFI, Bravo III

www.vikingbay.co

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    240 Sundancer
    Engine(s)

ok good info do do u think with the standard 2 battery set up that comes with 240 if i turn the battery switch to only 1 battery while kids watch tv in cabin and a radio in cockpit the 1 battery would be enough for and evening?
    As Gerald stated, you should be good to go with only one battery. However, I would install a......I can't remember what they are called, but it isolates the battery when it gets down to a certain voltage........battery isolator! hahaha Install a battery isolator on one battery and you will be fine. A battery isolator keeps charge in the starting battery if you forget to flip your switch.

Gerald, like Todd said, if your system works with two house batteries I'd leave them. On extended trips you'll like the extra capacity.
    Mike