Well I finally got the engine up and running in my Pachanga. Took a lot of tinkering with the carb, but it finally worked. The engine is a rebuilt short block bored .060 over (4 bolt main, 010 casting made in Mexico). Flat top pistons, Crane Cams .450 lift 284 duration on exhaust and intake and a 114 overlap. Vortec heads, Proform roller tip rockers, new lifters, valve covers etc. Holley 600cfm on an edelbrock performer dual plane intake. Here is a pic or two of the engine.
With the current compression ratio and all that jazz, supposedly this setup is good for 360hp and 440 torque on a street engine, so choke point the manifolds and I am hoping at least 320 or so. This is what she sounds like now :)
Did you check out the cam for reversion? Dont want to suck up any water through the exhaust. I should have looked for a Pachanga when I picked up the Formula. I also agree that a drive cooler and easy on the sticks to keep that alpha together. Look for an Alpha SS lower...LOL
Here is what I have under the platform on the Formula...
Thanks guys! Nice setup Steven :) If I decide I want more power, I am going to a bigger boat. We checked out the cam thoroughly before install to ensure no reversion issues. It is a couple degrees under the limit and so far so good. Runs much better than the old setup I had. The Alpha did fine today, but I topped out the 23P vengeance I have on there now. Spun to 4950-5000 at about 70 on the speedo (some low life stole my GPS out of my truck, and I havent sprung for a GPS speedo yet.) I am actually going to be deploying here very shortly and will be on the hunt for a decent Bravo setup for her. Only time will tell on that (have to beg the wife lol). Very very happy with the results so far.