Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    270 Sundancer 1999
    Engine(s)
    454 mercruiser

Toilet malfunction...

1999 27' sundancer, toilet is a Sealand, model # 848, power vacuum flush when you step on the 'foot-pedal, and refills with water when you lift the foot pedal. Problem: the rounded 'half moon' that falls back into place after each flush does not fall back into place, also, no pressure... Any ideas? Thanks

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    270 Sundancer 1999
    Engine(s)
    454 mercruiser

toilet malfunction

1999 27' sundancer, toilet is a Sealand, model # 848, power vacuum flush when you step on the 'foot-pedal, and refills with water when you lift the foot pedal. Problem: the rounded 'half moon' that falls back into place after each flush does not fall back into place, also, no pressure... Any ideas? Thanks

PS: sorry, but i also posted this in the 'maintenance' forum

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1990 390 EC
    Engine(s)
    3208 375HP CAT

Re: Toilet malfunction...

You could try to lubricate the ball and gasket pouring some vaseline oil into the bowl. It has been working for me for some 20 years and I never changed the gasket.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1989 Sea Ray 340 DA
    Engine(s)
    twin 454 Mercs

Pietro is doing what alot of people on CSR are doing. Can not tell you one way or another on the Vaseline. It sounds like either your ball valve has some deposits on it ex.. calcium or lime deposits? Also your seal may be dirty and in need of just a good cleaning. The last posibility is the Return spring on your foot petal is wore out and just not able to close correctly. Try and pull up on the ball and see if it will seat and let your vacuflush produce vacume and shut off then you can narrow down the possibilities. Try what is stated and if not give out another shout and we can come up with something else. Also i have always had great luck dealing with Dometic with Questions and help. Let us know if this helps.

Jason

Boat
    Silverton
    Details
    1997 41 Convertible
    Engine(s)
    Caterpillar 3126 Diesels

One tip I got from the vacuflush dealer is to always let the pedal "snap" back into place, never let it up easy just let it go from the bottom.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 420DB with AB 11 DLX Tender, Raymarine Dual E120 MFD/Radar/XMWeather, ST7001 A/P, SeaLift
    Engine(s)
    T-Cummins 450Cs Straight-Drives, 9KW Onan Generator, 40HP Yamaha for tender.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill @ the Jersey shore View Post
    I would also suggest to clean the gasket with regular round toilet brush and then apply a lubricant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pack66Dad View Post
    One tip I got from the vacuflush dealer is to always let the pedal "snap" back into place, never let it up easy just let it go from the bottom.
    Also, as a second part you should lift the pedal to add some more water to the bowl.
    Last edited by Alex F; 10-08-2011 at 09:00 PM.

2005 420DB "Inspiration" - 420/44 DB Owners Club
    Previously Owned: 2004 320DA "Boat A Bing" || 2001 240DA "Very Delicately" || 1997 175BR "Another Toy"

Live a good life and in the end, it's not the years in a life, it's the life in the years. - Abraham Lincoln

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    320 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.7 350 MAG MIE

Re: toilet malfunction

there is a spring on the foot pedal, this may be worn, also you may have to change the seat gaskets.Sealand sells a kit that you can purchase to rebuild the seals. It is either the seals under the bowl that are worn or the spring mech that is bad. The ball (half moon) may also be purchased. But I don't think that that is the problem. However you may also call Dometic and they will help you with the problem this page will show you the parts that may need changing http://www.environmentalmarine.com/
    2004 320 da t/5.7 mpi mie

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    97 270DA 5k Kohler A/C, 85 Monaco 197
    Engine(s)
    7.4 300hp BII, 260hp Alpha 1

All of that is good advice, although I prefer a teflon lubricant, it won't harm seals and costs about the same.

In the future you only need post in one forum. The users here check "New Posts- 24 Hours", that way we see all new posts at once.

Good luck with your issue, MM
    Last edited by MonacoMike; 10-09-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    97 270DA 5k Kohler A/C, 85 Monaco 197
    Engine(s)
    7.4 300hp BII, 260hp Alpha 1

Re: toilet malfunction

It would be nice if a moderator could combine the twin threads so all information is in one post. In the future you only need post in one forum. The users here check "New Posts- 24 Hours", that way we see all new posts at once.

Good luck with your issue, MM