Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2001 Sea Ray Amberjack 290
    Engine(s)
    MerCruiser 350 Horizon V Drives

Re: official 290 Amberjack thread / seat question

Hello. I am a new Amberjack 290 owner (2001). The boat is in very nice condition with low hours. However, the back seat is missing. The attachments are there and the back rest cushion, but the actual fiberglass seat base and cushion is not with the boat. Would it be worth the effort and expense to have the seat custom fabricated? I've read on some other threads that the fiberglass seat was kind of a pain to move around and stow. Obviously, the seat is no longer available from SeaRay. I need some extra seating for my younger kids etc. Would I be better off just buying some nice deck chairs? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Jerry

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    2001 290 amberjack
    Engine(s)
    twin 5.7 mercruiser w bravo III

Quote Originally Posted by JerrysAmberjack View Post
    Hello. I am a new Amberjack 290 owner (2001). The boat is in very nice condition with low hours. However, the back seat is missing. The attachments are there and the back rest cushion, but the actual fiberglass seat base and cushion is not with the boat. Would it be worth the effort and expense to have the seat custom fabricated? I've read on some other threads that the fiberglass seat was kind of a pain to move around and stow. Obviously, the seat is no longer available from SeaRay. I need some extra seating for my younger kids etc. Would I be better off just buying some nice deck chairs? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Jerry
    I took mine out for fishing, never put it back. Love using folding deck chairs much more flexibility easily have room for 3. Got them at WM.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2001 Sea Ray Amberjack 290
    Engine(s)
    MerCruiser 350 Horizon V Drives

Thanks for the advice. I think I will try that first. Jerry

Boat
    sea ray
    Details
    08 Amberjack 29'
    Engine(s)
    2x 350 mag Bravo 3 sea core

Re: official 290 Amberjack thread / sunshade question

I've read about it but I've never seen it, not even in the Sea Ray archives, the aft sunshade. There's a switch for it on my dash but that's it. Does anyone have one? How does it work. Can I get one somewhere?
    Last edited by srl; 06-09-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: amend title

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2003 Amberjack 290 5.0 260HP B3 formerly 1996 240DA Sundancer 5.7 210HP
    Engine(s)
    5.0 MPI 250 HP/ Bravo 3
    Hello amberjack owners

Wish there was more action on this site for these 290's because I just bought a 2003 with 5.0mpi and bravo 3.

Im going to have lots of questios.

First one is with the smartcraft should these have 3 wire trim senders instead of the 2 wire? Mine has the 2 and on the inside only 2 of 4 wires are even hooked up. I think wrong sensors installed. Also where do I hook up the wires for the correct 3 wire one.

Also my water heater is rusting badly, is there a drop in replacement to the 93757 version?

Thanks

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    2001 290 amberjack
    Engine(s)
    twin 5.7 mercruiser w bravo III

Re: official 290 Amberjack thread

Atwood stainless steel water heater available on eBay , can't help on the smartcraft , not installed on my 2001AJ. You might post in another forum as the smart craft instruments are common to most newer mercruiser

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    5.0 MPI 250 HP/ Bravo 3

thanks, just ordered the atwood.

I found a old archive where someone mentioned a bed extension somebody made? anybody on here the person who made it? I would love to see pictures. its the only thing i dont like about boat. the bed is just 8 inches to small. made worse by the foam padded board that runs around the edges. wish that stopped at the end by the head to give more pillow room.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    5.0 MPI 250 HP/ Bravo 3

Has anyone replaced the Kiss Stove? I tried mine 2x. once on first day, worked fine, so i took out the new tank. then this weekend while camping on it. could hear it leaking butane while trying to get it hooked up. finally quit leaking so we thought. turned it on and in about 10 seconds after running, poof, its on fire under the stove, turn it off and after 10 seconds of panic looking to get the fire extinguisher after pulling pin and 1 second before firing it, the fuel burnt out and the fire went out.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    5.0 MPI 250 HP/ Bravo 3

Also, can someone please look at their boat if they have a smartcraft - bravo 3 set up and tell me if they have a 2 wire or 3 wire trim sensor on their bravo 3?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    290 Amberjack
    Engine(s)
    357 mags w/Bravo III

Rehashing this thread, hoping to stir some 290AJ interest .....loving my 2005!