Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mystic CT
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2001 460 DA
    Engine(s)
    Cummins 6CTA's
    Posts
    1,752

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by tdschafer View Post
    Congrats & Good Luck!! I hope I can join the 460 club someday!! I love the layout of that boat!
    I'm on your next boat right now!
    Russ Calasant

    "Debtfinder"
    2001 460 DA
    Cummins 6CTA


  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lake Erie Ohio
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1989 Sea Ray 340 DA
    Engine(s)
    twin 454 Mercs
    Posts
    3,867

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by All's Well View Post
    In Sandusky now at Son Rise
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehalennia View Post
    Congrats. Jason's going to go take all the cool electronics off now.
    No, but i'd have a drink with you to celebrate! I'm very close to sandusky...
    Cheers,
    Jason

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '03 460DA
    Engine(s)
    6CTA's
    Posts
    254

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrojodge View Post
    No, but i'd have a drink with you to celebrate! I'm very close to sandusky...

    I hope to have it loaded up the week of 4/23. We spent a weekend up there 2 weeks ago surveying, etc. had alot of fun and are waiting for the boat to get to TX now

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lake Erie Ohio
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1989 Sea Ray 340 DA
    Engine(s)
    twin 454 Mercs
    Posts
    3,867

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by All's Well View Post
    I hope to have it loaded up the week of 4/23. We spent a weekend up there 2 weeks ago surveying, etc. had alot of fun and are waiting for the boat to get to TX now
    So I missed you already...rats... I'm glad you had a good time here. Best of luck with the new ride. If you ever make it back the offer stands!
    Cheers,
    Jason

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Boat
    Searay
    Details
    2000 260DA w/Garmin 545s GPS with Standard Horion GX1500S DSC VHF
    Engine(s)
    5.7L EFI with New Gen Bravo III Merc
    Posts
    9,788

    Re: Back in the game

    you guys know I was kidding.
    Skål, Todd

    ~Nehalennia ∆~ Celtic Goddess of the Seafarers
    2000 ~ SeaRay ~ 260DA, 5.7L EFI, Bravo III

    www.vikingbay.co

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lake Erie Ohio
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1989 Sea Ray 340 DA
    Engine(s)
    twin 454 Mercs
    Posts
    3,867

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehalennia View Post
    you guys know I was kidding.
    I don't know, I could use some updated electronics...
    Cheers,
    Jason

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '03 460DA
    Engine(s)
    6CTA's
    Posts
    254

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrojodge View Post
    So I missed you already...rats... I'm glad you had a good time here. Best of luck with the new ride. If you ever make it back the offer stands!
    It was an adventurous sea trial, beautiful morning followed by a hail storm as we were entering the marina. We were lucky to get an early launch (March 30) and all the surveyors made it for the day.

    For an '03 boat that has spent it's life on the great lakes, it's in very good shape compared to many that I've looked at and surveyed.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lake Erie Ohio
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1989 Sea Ray 340 DA
    Engine(s)
    twin 454 Mercs
    Posts
    3,867

    Re: Back in the game

    Sounds great... we have had strange weather this year for sure... hope the best for you... yes, it helps that we only get to use our boats 6 months a year... when I found mine (89 vintage) she had under 350 hours on her... as always would love to see pictures when you get her home...
    Cheers,
    Jason

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    460 Sundancer 2003 Custom Cockpit interior, Cockpit AC/Heat & Thruster. 310 Yachtline Zodiac w/30hp
    Engine(s)
    Cummings 6CTA
    Posts
    493

    Re: Back in the game

    Welcome to the club! Jump on the thread that Russ started a few months back and keep active. There doesn't seem like many of us on here so we need to stay active.

    I wonder if you know which number '03 you purchased? When I purchased my 460 in 2011 I discovered that it was the 2nd '03 built and so it had the 6CTA's vs the 450's. Oddly it was explained to me by Cummings that my motors were converted at a later date to be basically electronic motors, not mechanical like the 6CTA's. Frank Webster walked me through my crisis time after discovering the engine difference. Bottom line is it is a fantastic boat which runs out beautifully! Congrats on your purchase!
    '03 460 Sundancer, 6CTAs Cummings, Thruster, Custom Cockpit Interior and Camperback, 10KW Westerbeke, (Carpe Diem IV)
    '97 330 Sundancer, 454's w/Bravo III's (Carpe Diem III)-SOLD
    '93 290 Sundancer, 454 Bravo II Drive (Carpe Diem II)-SOLD
    '90 220 Sundancer, 350 Alpha Drive (Carpe Diem)-SOLD
    '89 195 Baja-SOLD

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '03 460DA
    Engine(s)
    6CTA's
    Posts
    254

    Re: Back in the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpedmman View Post
    Welcome to the club! Jump on the thread that Russ started a few months back and keep active. There doesn't seem like many of us on here so we need to stay active.

    I wonder if you know which number '03 you purchased? When I purchased my 460 in 2011 I discovered that it was the 2nd '03 built and so it had the 6CTA's vs the 450's. Oddly it was explained to me by Cummings that my motors were converted at a later date to be basically electronic motors, not mechanical like the 6CTA's. Frank Webster walked me through my crisis time after discovering the engine difference. Bottom line is it is a fantastic boat which runs out beautifully! Congrats on your purchase!

    This one has the 6CTA's as well.

    They've been kept in great condition with only 440 hours, they should be running strong for a long while. All the oil samples were sent to the same lab each year since 2008 so I have that history to go by as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •