Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Preparation '93 300 Sundancer w/ Kohler genset Raymarine E7D
    Engine(s)
    4.3l Mercruisers w/Alpha 1

Cabin hatch ideas and bonus dinette removal question

Hi all, more newbie questions.

My "new to me" '93 300DA has a cracked hatch cover. Now before I just go looking for a straight like-for-like replacement, has anyone done anything better with their cabin entrance? I don't like the door nor the cover but I really can't conceive of anything else with that big bulky dash we got.

And for a bonus point, how do I remove the pole supporting the dinette table in the salon? It doesn't screw and has no obvious under attachment, yet the config of the seating suggests it slides out over where the pole is, which implies it can be med.

As always, any ideas greatly appreciated (this boat ownership thing sure is a learning experience)

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1999 260DA ShoreLand'r Galvanized
    Engine(s)
    5.7L EFI Bravo III

Re: Cabin hatch ideas and bonus dinette removal question

Other than building a companion way cover out of wood, I can't help much on that.

For the pole, pull straight up with one hand as you tap the side of the pole with the other. Then, clean the pole and the receptacle real well. DO NOT have your face directly over the pole as you attempt to remove it!
    Dennis
    1999 260DA 5.7L EFI B3
    2000 ShoreLand'r
    Past & Other Current Boats: Not enough room!
    1998 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5 Diesel - Tweaked "Just a bit"
    "Exceeding your expectations since 1936"

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    02' 280 DA
    Engine(s)
    496 w BIII

Re: Cabin hatch ideas and bonus dinette removal question

You might try local glass/window repair companies. It looks like smoked Lexan. A glass company should be able to duplicate.

If you are handy you can do it your self. Get a sheet the sane size as the bent cover. Do not remove the protective coating. Locate the radius for the bend. Now using a heat gun (not a hairdryer) gently heat the area where the bend is located. Keep testing it (Gloves are helpful). Once it starts to bend you are close. Keep heating it gently and then when its ready place the underside on a pice of wood that runs full width and press down. Hold the bend till it cools. If you have to cut the sheet down, you can use a propane torch to gently melt the edges and disappear the saw kerf marks.

Henry
    Ciao Bella - '02 280 DA - 496 MAG B III
    Air Bella - '07 Zodiac Fastroller -T 6' Alu & Plastic Oars

​MMSI 338130198

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Preparation '93 300 Sundancer w/ Kohler genset Raymarine E7D
    Engine(s)
    4.3l Mercruisers w/Alpha 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Daze View Post
    For the pole, pull straight up with one hand as you tap the side of the pole with the other. Then, clean the pole and the receptacle real well. DO NOT have your face directly over the pole as you attempt to remove it!
    perfect, now we sleep 6

Cheers!