Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Boat
    searay
    Details
    330ec
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4 straight drive

looking for a new boat

As much of you already know I lost my boat to sandy and am looking dor another. Im looking for some info on the steps-tips. To purchasing. (Negotiation surveys oil samples mechanics ect)

Alex.
    I have a budget every year of about 15k for my boating season. (Fuel maintenance dock fees winter storage trips ect)if I blow an engine and it cost me 15my season is over. So thats my financial stand point. I think that is borderline enough for the boat im interested in (97 330 ec twin 7.4) ive already been offered boats from people on this site but so far they are way out of my price range. The boat im looking at ive been watching for months now. I boarded it a couple times with the tobay boat show being one of them. I checked on it after the storm (its in my marina brokerage) and was stil on the blocks and the scum line from rising water was only 4inches up the hull. So no damage was done. It was repowered in 05 with merc remans. Along with new trannys with only 150 hours. The genny has 85 hours.o im pretty confident with it. The price is also very attractive being 49 and the broker already told me I can have it for 44without me even asking so im pretty sure I can talk him down even more. I dunno I think thats it. Any comments are welcomed.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 26 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    496 w bravo iii

Re: looking for a new boat

Good luck with the hunt. Sorry about the old boat....

Boat
    searay
    Details
    330ec
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4 straight drive

Thanks ron hopefully the one im looking at works out. Otherwise ill prob be boatless for the following season.

Boat
    Sea Ray, Mercury
    Details
    2007 36DB --Merc 270 Airdek dinghy
    Engine(s)
    8.1 s 7kw Kohler 6 hp Merc

Jon, there are two express' on the island listed on yachtworld besides the one at your marina, why not at least give them a look over first , it doesn't seem to be as popular as the sundancer's to find so at least you have something to compare it to. Good luck in the hunt!!

2007 36 DB
    Mirage
    Previous Sea Rays:
    2003 320 DA Havana Shamrock
    1998 250 DA
    Frozen with Salt
    http://clubsearay.com/forum/group.php?groupid=12 Great south bay boaters

Boat
    searay
    Details
    330ec
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4 straight drive

I know of two one in freeport and and the other in oakdale is there a 3rd? I will be going to look at them. And dont worry you will be getting a phone call to maybe come help me evaluate since i know you went throught alot of boat buying the past couple years.the Inspection will be followed by a nice dinner at a restaurant or your choice with the girlies. You up for it?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '01 340 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    T-7.4 Horizons w/ V Drives

I think that the '96-'97 330 had a poorly designed helm in that the clearance was very very low...like only 5 feet or so. If you had the front top canvas on, you had to duck or sit down while you drive. I'm 5'10" and I was way too tall for the top canvas at the helm, was one of the reasons I passed on that boat.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2002 340 Sundancer, Rescued and Restored
    Engine(s)
    8.1L Horizons, ZF 63 V Drives

That shouldn't be a problem - Jonathan is short!

Dale

Boat
    searay
    Details
    330ec
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4 straight drive

Thanks dale very much appreciated lol. Yes I am im 5 6 and that's one of the reasons I like the 330. The helm is high up and I can actually see everything. When you say 330 is that the da ec or both? Btw its not the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '01 340 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    T-7.4 Horizons w/ V Drives

I looked at a Dancer

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1997 330 sundancer
    Engine(s)
    twin 454's, Carb, V-Drives

looking for a new boat

Jonathan,
    I am 5'9" and I can stand up just to the port of my wheel. The closer you get to the stbd side the top slopes gently and it gets low. I don't think you would have a problem at the helm. My boat is in Bluepoint & not wrapped yet. You are welcome to check it out to see if it's a model that would work for you. Shoot me a pm if that helps you.

Also,
    If you take Joe just remember he is more focused on cosmetics, layouts & color schemes including but not limited to matching towels and linen patterns. You will still need to be wary of performance issues, especially fuel efficiency!!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers!!

Todd