Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    88 Weekender 300 "Seahorse"
    Engine(s)
    Twins 350

Re: Marine Quality Teak Tables - Worldwide Delivery

Will the folding table still work in place of my original for the berth?

Will it support the weight?

Boat
    Supplier
    Details
    Supplier of Marine Teak Tables
    Engine(s)
    Delivery Worldwide !

Hi dwnala

The "Wing" has two wooden supports on each side that pull out before you unfold the table. I must admit it is very sturdy when unfolded, but of course it would depend on the weight applied - I can't answer that one !

By the way, to all members in the States and Canada, we are seeing on our National TV News the weather reports out there and decreasing temperatures. We have had some rough weather over here for the last few weeks but nothing like we are seeing over the pond - wishing you all a very safe winter - stay safe and warm !

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twins 350

Mine drops down and is the center support for that bed.

Temps went from near 65 this morning to 5 later tonight... I've even got some heat on under ther house!
    Last edited by dwna1a; 01-06-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    2005 420DA
    Engine(s)
    Cummins 6CTA8.3

Quote Originally Posted by dwna1a View Post
    Mine drops down and is the center support for that bed.

Temps went from near 65 this morning to 5 later tonight... I've even got some heat on under ther house!
    We had -30F this morning, -18F when I checked at 2pm…had to wear gloves when I went outside. What made things interesting was we had a power outage too. I woke up just before 3am and heard the generator running. Public Service thought the power would be up in a couple hours so I waited. It didn’t go on when they said so I started my truck to let it warm up so I could take some extra heat down to my daughter’s house, she doesn’t have a generator. At that point Public Service didn’t have an estimate of time for power. After my daughter I was going to run into town to check on my 91yo aunt, might have to bring her home with me. I was just a couple minutes from heading out the door when the power came back on, great feeling…I went back to bed.

What do you mean by 'I've even got some heat on under the house'
    2005 420DA 6CTA8.3 V-Drive, current boat
    2005 280DA T-5.0MPI, 260hp, B3
    2004 270SD 496HO, 425hp, B3
    2004 200BR 5.0MPI, 260hp, Alpha 1

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twins 350

Go to new post, I don't want to hijack this one

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 550DB
    Engine(s)
    MAN CRM-900

Anyone else order these yet? I ordered 2. I ordered the 1,000mm version of the sliding table to replace the FRP stock table in the cockpit, and the 940mm version of the half ellipes to replace the FRP stock table on the bridge. Here's my opinion:

1. I ordered them Sunday afternoon 1/12 while I was watching a little football.
    2. I paid the stated $40 for shipping which covered BOTH tables.
    3. The tables arrived from the UK at my office in Michigan (yes, in the USA) on Wednesday 1/15. You read that right, 3 business days - for $40, from the UK!!!!
    4. The tables are beautful! The sliding table works very nicely and is very sturdy when in both the open and closed positions.
    5. Don't be surprised with the thickness of the tables. They are a little less than 3/4" thick, but they are very solid and sturdy, without weighing a ton. My concern was that they would be too heavy for the stock bases and poles. I think they weigh about the same or maybe less than the stock FRP tables.
    6. These will be a beautful, classy, well made addition to the boat. I am very anxious to get the bases mounted and get them on the boat - even though its buried deep inside a heated building and there is ice on the lake.

My only dilemma now is how to finish them. They are perfect in natural state, but my experience with teak is that it stains easily from things as simple as rain water or condensation rings from pop cans etc. So I am contemplating applying a few coats of high gloss varnish to protect them, but I don't know how well the varnish will bond to the black seam caulking. I don't want it flaking off over time. Another benefit of the natural state is that the caulk actually has a sort of non-skid property to it which would nice to keep things from sliding off the tables. I'll let you all know what I end up doing to them prior to spring launch.

In a nutshell, if you're thinking of upgrading your table(s) consider these a real beautiful addition. Thanks for sponsoring the site Marine Teak, thanks for the 10% forum discount, and especially thanks for marketing such a great product!
    Jeff S.
    Charlevoix, MI/Jupiter, FL
    2005 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge - MAN CRM-900
    2011 Regulator 29 FS - Twin Yamaha 300's
    2013 Zodiac 340 YachtLine - Yamaha 40
    2013 Vespa LX50

Boat
    Sea Ray (Everything else is Just a Boat)
    Details
    Looking For Next One
    Engine(s)
    Looking For Next One

Welcome aboard and thanks for the support.

Previous Boat:
    2006 240 SunDeck, MS Judy, 350 MAG BR3
    North GA Mountains http://www.ssg-i.com

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 300DA, Garmin 740s w/Vision Charts and GMR18HD RADAR
    Engine(s)
    5.0MPI w/BIIs, Kohler 5E Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by tc410 View Post
    Anyone else order these yet? I ordered 2. I ordered the 1,000mm version of the sliding table to replace the FRP stock table in the cockpit, and the 940mm version of the half ellipes to replace the FRP stock table on the bridge. Here's my opinion:

1. I ordered them Sunday afternoon 1/12 while I was watching a little football.
    2. I paid the stated $40 for shipping which covered BOTH tables.
    3. The tables arrived from the UK at my office in Michigan (yes, in the USA) on Wednesday 1/15. You read that right, 3 business days - for $40, from the UK!!!!
    4. The tables are beautful! The sliding table works very nicely and is very sturdy when in both the open and closed positions.
    5. Don't be surprised with the thickness of the tables. They are a little less than 3/4" thick, but they are very solid and sturdy, without weighing a ton. My concern was that they would be too heavy for the stock bases and poles. I think they weigh about the same or maybe less than the stock FRP tables.
    6. These will be a beautful, classy, well made addition to the boat. I am very anxious to get the bases mounted and get them on the boat - even though its buried deep inside a heated building and there is ice on the lake.

My only dilemma now is how to finish them. They are perfect in natural state, but my experience with teak is that it stains easily from things as simple as rain water or condensation rings from pop cans etc. So I am contemplating applying a few coats of high gloss varnish to protect them, but I don't know how well the varnish will bond to the black seam caulking. I don't want it flaking off over time. Another benefit of the natural state is that the caulk actually has a sort of non-skid property to it which would nice to keep things from sliding off the tables. I'll let you all know what I end up doing to them prior to spring launch.

In a nutshell, if you're thinking of upgrading your table(s) consider these a real beautiful addition. Thanks for sponsoring the site Marine Teak, thanks for the 10% forum discount, and especially thanks for marketing such a great product!

I got a table from Teakworld Enterprises who makes many of the tables for searay. It came delivered unfinished, and they recommended using a mix of 3 parts boiled linseed oil with 1 part mineral spirits to seal it. It gave the table a nice natural finish and has held up nicely over 2 seasons. I put 2 coats on initially and one coat last season. The good thing is that if it somehow scratches you can sand it lightly and reseal it. I keep the table down in the cabin when not in use so its dry and out of the sunlight, but it stays out in the cockpit during the weekend. No problems, and have been very happy with the table.

Boat
    Supplier
    Details
    Supplier of Marine Teak Tables
    Engine(s)
    Delivery Worldwide !

Thank you for the feedback Jeff. Our couriers are excellent and are always on time or before, we deliberately state 5-8 working days, but often find it is a lot quicker - as in this case.

Personally, we much prefer the untreated look of teak - if you do decide to apply a coating though, please do check with the product manufacturer that it will be suitable for the caulking as you say.

Thank you again, and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know !

Best wishes for a great season !

Luke
    Last edited by Marine Teak; 01-17-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '97 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    2X 454 w/ vDrives

Can anyone with a 96 to 99 330 DA in a warm climate measure the fibreglass cockpit table and let me know the size so I can see what will be similar size in these products?
    1997 Sea Ray 330 DA 7.4 carbs vdrives w/2007 Mercury 310 RIB with 8hp Yamaha
    Learning curve:
    1995 Campion Victoria 245 5.7L Bravo 2
    1989 Cadorette Holiday 200 4.3L Alpha