Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.CBangler.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Current: 1998 370 Express Cruiser Sold:1988 230 Weekender
    Engine(s)
    Twin Cat 3116T

Re: Official 370 Express Cruiser Thread (1997-2000)

Mine has a panel right under the helm that pulls out, inside is a panel of breakers, one of the breakers is probably flipped. You should be able to just push it back in. I'm not sure if that's the problem or not, but I suspect so. Same thing happened on my windshield wipers, they stopped working suddenly, and I figured out that one of the breakers had popped.

Good to hear the fridge is working now!

Kevin

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1997 Sea Ray 370 Express Cruiser
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4L Mercruiser MPI

I'm not sure how I missed it, but you were absolutely correct Kevin... the fuse was indeed under the helm. It was not tripped... so next i'm going to pull the actuator, test for power, and likely replace with a Progressive Automations actuator (much less expensive than OEM). I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

Nick

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Current: 1998 370 Express Cruiser Sold:1988 230 Weekender
    Engine(s)
    Twin Cat 3116T

Sounds good Nick, good luck with your troubleshooting. New boats are a big learning curve, glad I could help share some of my experience.

Kevin

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    2004 500 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    QSM11's 660hp

Hi Nick,
    The vent window actuator is a Werner, replaceable by getting the model information off the original. If you have not done these things already you should try all of them before spending a buck seventy five for a new one. 1. Check for power at the actuator, if no power first pull out the switch and test power to the switch. If there is power going into the switch and no power coming out replace the switch. (Carling switch $10 bucks on eBay)if you have power coming out of the switch take the old wire connectors off and replace them. 2. Disconnect the ram from the window and WD40 the ram. If the window is open try having someone hit the switch while you "assist" the window gently, sometimes it needs a push or pull to get it working. If the window is closed you can still assist the ram by disconnecting the bar it's connected to and then try working it. 3. Hit it with the heel of your shoe, it my just need a "jolt". If none of these things work, buy a new actuator. Every year after layup I went through the same BS. But, the more you use it the better it works!

Good luck,
    Bow Tie

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4L Mercruiser MPI

Bow Tie,

I followed these exact instructions and unfortunately I concluded that I do in fact need a new actuator. I picked one up and it should be in my possession on Tuesday. I'm hoping to get down to the boat one evening this week and wire it up.

Cheers
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie View Post
    Hi Nick,
    The vent window actuator is a Werner, replaceable by getting the model information off the original. If you have not done these things already you should try all of them before spending a buck seventy five for a new one. 1. Check for power at the actuator, if no power first pull out the switch and test power to the switch. If there is power going into the switch and no power coming out replace the switch. (Carling switch $10 bucks on eBay)if you have power coming out of the switch take the old wire connectors off and replace them. 2. Disconnect the ram from the window and WD40 the ram. If the window is open try having someone hit the switch while you "assist" the window gently, sometimes it needs a push or pull to get it working. If the window is closed you can still assist the ram by disconnecting the bar it's connected to and then try working it. 3. Hit it with the heel of your shoe, it my just need a "jolt". If none of these things work, buy a new actuator. Every year after layup I went through the same BS. But, the more you use it the better it works!

Good luck,
    Bow Tie

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1996 Sea Ray 370 "Sol Therapy" Furuno Nav net 3D Furuno auto pilot Zodiac Zoom Tohatsu 3.5
    Engine(s)
    2 7.4 Mercs

Hi Nick,

i I had the same problem with the actuator on my 370. After a lot of researching online I found the problem. As the actuator gets older when the ram extends all the way out It over extends and locks out. You have to remove the bolt where the ram attaches to the bar on the window. The ram is threaded inside, twist it back an inch or so and reattach. It should be fine. Just don't open window to the very end of extension. I left my bolt finger tightened in case I accidentally opened it too far. The whole fix took about three minutes.

Good luck,
    Dave

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4L Mercruiser MPI

Dave - can't thank you enough for the excellent advice. Your step by step instructions worked perfectly and in the process saved me the trouble of buying a new actuator (once I return the one that is on it's way). THANK YOU!

Nick
    Last edited by Chicago Sea Ray; 06-06-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4L Mercruiser MPI

I mentioned a while ago that I would post pics of the new canvas... I'm pretty pleased with it so thought I'd share.
    IMG_1714.JPG.jpg
    Cheers,
    Nick

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1996 Sea Ray 370 "Sol Therapy" Furuno Nav net 3D Furuno auto pilot Zodiac Zoom Tohatsu 3.5
    Engine(s)
    2 7.4 Mercs

Great to hear! Canvas looks awesome too.

Dave

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 7.4L Mercruiser MPI

Hoping this group can help me AGAIN... I was down at the boat tonight and was trying to turn on the cockpit lights. When I flipped the switch on the transom panel, the switch did not turn the lights on and the indicator light in the switch did not go on. Then I went down below and switched on the cabin light switch and then the spoiler lights. I tried again to turn the cockpit lights on and the lights still did not come on but the indicator light was red on the switch itself. It could be a coincidence that the red light came on... but I'm not sure.

Only two weeks ago those lights were working and the indicator light was blue on the switch... Any idea what I am doing wrong? or thoughts on what may be wrong?

Thank you all in advance!
    Nick