Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.CBangler.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    370 Venture
    Engine(s)
    Twin Mercury Verado 300's

Re: Moving boat from St Simons Island to Miami, thoughts?

thanks, great info so far! i applied for a temp registration in FL for more than the allowed 90 days. i'm testing the water to see if i will remain there permanently. insurance will more than double, even tho boat will be racked there. looking forward to exploring the Keys more, and the Bahamas. plus Miami Beach is our favorite city, i just need to learn all the ways to safely leave the dinghy there. been doing research with some luck, but not a lot.

2008 Sea Ray 240 Sundancer (sold)
    2007 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer (sold)
    2013 Sea Ray 370 Venture 'Sol Mates'

Boat
    Sea Ray & a 22 Boston Whaler Dauntless 225 Merc - (now sold)
    Details
    1996 450DA
    Engine(s)
    3116 Caterpillars

Quote Originally Posted by Richie89 View Post
    thanks, great info so far! i applied for a temp registration in FL for more than the allowed 90 days. i'm testing the water to see if i will remain there permanently. insurance will more than double, even tho boat will be racked there. looking forward to exploring the Keys more, and the Bahamas. plus Miami Beach is our favorite city, i just need to learn all the ways to safely leave the dinghy there. been doing research with some luck, but not a lot.

Most dry stack marinas have facilities for storing customer's dinghys, PWC, etc. There is a lot of space under the boat racks and most operators pour concrete under some of the racks to allow for storage on dollys. The problem, you will discover, is the soot from the diesel exhaust on forklift trucks, so you will need to address some sort of cover for the dinghy and perhaps the big boat. The cost for a dinghy is usually discounted for storage customers. I keep my boat at the Sea Ray dealer's marina and had a PWC in storage with them for several years. They keep a few PWC's for the general public on a space available basis, the cost is $150/month. As a regular storage customer, my cost was $300/year.
    Frank

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Boatless
    Engine(s)
    Boatless

When I had a boat in Adventura, we kept the dinghy in a nearby rack storage. Frank has a good point about the soot, amazing how dirty the boat can get inside the building. Different than a northern dry storage in that the fork lifts are running inside every day year around.

Mark
    Previous Boats:

Sea Ray 47DB
    Sea Ray 340DA

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    370 Venture
    Engine(s)
    Twin Mercury Verado 300's

i can store dinghy inside boat, i was referring to leaving the dinghy unattended somewhere on South Beach while we are at dinner. I will be chaining at one particular marina until i figure out better options. Dinghy theft seems to be a favorite past time down there.

2008 Sea Ray 240 Sundancer (sold)
    2007 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer (sold)
    2013 Sea Ray 370 Venture 'Sol Mates'