Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.CBangler.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    "Knot Working" 2010 330 Sundancer BIII w/ Axius
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mags w/ SeaCore

Looking at a 2010 330DA

Hello everyone, I am looking at a 2010 330 Sundancer at MarineMax in CT and had a few questions..... I am coming from a center console and realizing that my boating needs have shifted to a cabin cruiser, I had real bad luck with a 268 Vista a few years back so it kind of turned me off from I/Os and the like for a while... I think I'm ready to dive back in though.

Anyways, the boat I'm looking at is a 2010 330 with SeaCore and Axius and appears to have new electronics. It also looks like it was very well taken care of. Im new the the whole Axius and SeaCore thing and how that pertains to maintenance, etc.

How should this boat ride in rough water? Its got a nice heavy dry weight so I assume it should ride well

What is the maintenance advantage to SeaCore? Does this add any life to manifolds and risers? Anything specific to keep an eye on or look out for? I did watch some videos on it but they leave some questions.

Part of my old go to out on the water was to head to Brown's Bank off Plymouth, MA and the Spit in Marshfield (not sure if anyone is familiar with these areas). But I used to let my 28' CC go high and dry every once in a while. How would the 330 do with that? The only concern I really have is with the outdrives.

Anyways, happy boating and happy holidays and lets hope the winter screws early this year for us up in the north..

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1999 Sundancer 340
    Engine(s)
    454 Mercruiser's w/ V Drives, Westerbeke gen set

Re: Looking at a 2010 330DA

Just as a quick tip there is likely a 330 specific thread in the Sport Cruiser forum where you could get loads of info on that model, year and options.

By "high and dry" do you mean getting the boat fully out of the water in rough conditions? I don't think you'd want to find yourself in many situations where this was possible, let alone desirable, in a boat like this. If you need a bit of that in your life you might want to buy two boats - one for cruising and one for driving a bit more wildly. Your Sundancer is not going to want to see air underneath her other than layup...

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mags w/ SeaCore

Haha, no I think you misunderstand.. Its common practice around here to go "high and dry" at sandbars and whatnot, sorry if I wasn't clear. But rarely do you see cruisers go high and dry, its usually center consoles and the like. All thats entailed in that is anchoring and simply letting the tide move out on your boat, we have tidal movements of +/- 10 or more feet as opposed to the couple of inches you guys have on the great lakes.

Also I hear ya, it drives me NUTS when people ask questions without searching through the forums haha, I just couldn't find info specific to the questions I asked... Just seeing if anyone has any real world experience with that. (I don't even bother asking any sea ray related questions on THT lol, too many haters there)

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2010 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    T-350mags w/BIIIs & Axius, 5.0 kw Kohler

Below is some info on the SeaCore engines. I agree with the post above. These boats are not meant to pound into heavy seas at high speed. It's a stable boat but the beam is fairly narrow. I have had mine for three years and no problems with the Axius. In fact, no significant problems at all. Good luck if you decide to move forward with the purchase.

Mercury Mercruiser Engines

Sea Core System
    Want Nothing But the Best?
    Start at the Core.

Saltwater can take its toll on marine propulsion systems. This is why the SeaCore™ system from MerCruiser® offers more than just improved corrosion resistance. It’s as close as a marine propulsion system can come to being corrosion-proof.
    In developing the revolutionary SeaCore system, we’ve moved the entire industry forward in a way that makes other saltwater engines and drives seem instantly inferior. Rather than just enclosing the drive components in a plastic shell, we protect them all the way to the core with industrial hardcoat anodizing, a closed-cooling system and widespread use of stainless steel components. All of which makes for the ultimate in corrosion protection.
    Unique six-step coating and painting process and the hardcoat anodizing of Mercury's exclusive XK 360 low-copper aluminum parts changes the molecular structure of the surface, making it extremely durable and corrosion resistant. If scratched, the surface inhibits continued corrosion. It's particularly useful for large runabouts, cruisers and performance boats that stay in harsh saltwater environments. The freshwater flush system is engine-mounted.
    Corrosion Protection

• Industrial hardcoat anodized XK 360 aluminum alloy for Bravo® running gear
    • MerCathode® active corrosion protection
    • Closed-cooling system with five-year long-life coolant seals engine from saltwater
    • SeaCore stainless steel package

Better Warranty

• Four-year factory limited warranty for Installation Quality Certified Manufacturers* (three-year limited warranty for noncertified installations)
    • Four-year limited warranty against corrosion failure*

Lower Maintenance

• 100/300-hour maintenance intervals
    • Air-actuated raw-water drain
    • Easy oil drain system
    • Engine-mounted freshwater flush system – fish-friendly because no harmful chemicals used
    • *U.S. and Canada warranty only.
    Jim T.
    Charlotte, NC (LKN)
    Prior Boats:
    2006 280 DA w/5.0s, B3s
    2005 240 SD 350 Mag
    2001 Beneteau 393

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2009 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Twin MerCruiser 8.1L Horizon V-Drives

The "official" thread for this boat is entitled "Official 330 / 350 (2008 and newer) Thread."

http://clubsearay.com/showthread.php...ght=Lawndoctor

Hope that helps.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mags w/ SeaCore

Cool, yea I just saw that... thanks guys.. Haha but just to clear it up I was never planning on pounding rough water at high speeds, my passengers and I like to slow cruise and enjoy the trip. I was just wondering how the boat handles in rough water should we get caught in it, and then on a separate question was wondering if anyone lets these boats go dry on the sand.. Cheers!

Boat
    Searay
    Details
    2016 Sundancer 350
    Engine(s)
    8.2L, Bravo 3x, DTS, Axius

When I still had her, I had my 330 in 2-4 footers with some 5-7's mixed incoming back from MV and Nantucket (2 different trips) doing 25-30 mph the whole way. Rode like a champ.

Unless you enjoy cleaning sand out of your critical systems, I wouldn't beach a cruiser unless it was an absolute emergency. You've got water intakes for the AC, generator, and engines on the bottom of the boat.

Is "the spit" in Marshfield in the south river?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mags w/ SeaCore

Haha sounds good... And yup, the spit is right where the North and South River's meet up. Its across from 4th Cliff, when I was in the Army I used to use the 4th cliff Airforce reservation and camp there, I used to look at the boats and get jealous until I could afford my first bowrider when I was 23 years old... Ive had some great times there, very family friendly place, a lot of big boats anchor just off the beach and swim to shore.. Great place to pack a grill and some beach chairs and go hang out. Even if its a rough/windy day, you're protected on the inside of the spit

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    300 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0MPI Bravo III

"the spit" family friendly..........guess I haven't been therein a looooong time.....IOs (no matter what they are coated with) need a lot of maintenance to keep right.......as long as you don't mind that commitment, they definitely provide more speed and efficiency along with better handling at speed and better shallow water access - inboards require less steering input at slow speeds and handle better around the docks.....a 2010 330 is the same boat as a 2009 310.....

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mags w/ SeaCore

Yea the spit in Marshfield usually has a lot of families enjoying the weekend... Although it can be amateur hour on the weekend as well sometimes... people smashing into boats instead of taking their time or having some deck hands help out when its really tight. Ive heard that "the spit" at Popponesset Beach on the Cape has a lot of teenage kids that take daddy's boat out and raid the liquor cabinet on the way, so that can be a bit of a pain in the ass.