Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser 350 mag

Re: Importance of Organ Donation

Best of luck to you.
    I've been a donor for a long time, as well as the Be a Match for bone marrow donor.
    Greg

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1995 550 Sedan Bridge, 2010 Boston Whaler 130 Super Sport, 1971 Boston Whaler 130 Sport,
    Engine(s)
    CAT 3406C's, 580hp.

Henry, our wishes are for you to have a successful transplant and a speedy recovery.

I've been an organ donor forever. In WA it's easy to get on the donor list--you do it when you renew your drivers license. It's not quite as easy to actually be a donor. In most cases you have to die first. But heck, once you've gotten by that hurdle, let others profit from your demise.
    1995 550 Sedan Bridge "Beachcomber"
    'There is nothing-absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
    Proud dues paying Charter Member of the Hole In The Water Club!

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1989 Sundancer 300
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350 Mercruisers w/Alpha 1 Drives; Quicksilver 4.0 gen

Sending good thoughts to you and your family, Henry!

I've got that little heart on my driver's license so hopefully my heart or anything else that's in good shape can serve others when the time comes. For those who are or are considering being organ donors, please communicate your wishes explicitly to those who are dear to you. Sometimes it's hard for people to manage the "business side" of the death of a loved one, and the thought of a person being parted out can be even more difficult. Talking about it in advance helps, and putting it in writing is even better. Hearing and seeing your words can help ease some of those concerns, as well as pave the way for medical teams to act on your preferences.

Previous watercraft: 2001 Yamaha WaveRunner 800XLT
    ....replaced at the 7 year itch with a 2001 Yamaha WaveRunner 1200SUV
    ....which is now the shuttlecraft!

Boat
    Sea Ray: Sea Doo
    Details
    280 Sundancer 2008, GTX LTDiS (tender)
    Engine(s)
    496/BIII, Rotax 1503

Good luck Henry. Hopefully someone will donate the needed liver. Have you thought of a lobe transplant? There are a few places that do that in the US. that way a person will donate a lobe of the liver and it will regenerate in each person.

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    1992 370 ec
    Engine(s)
    twin cummins 6bta's 300 hp Rl80 pathfinder radar/chartplotter,SH 2150 matrix vhf w/ais quicksilver 8

Henry,good to hear 30-60 days out.I have had the sticker on my drivers license for about 30 years now.2017 is your year,make a difference in someones life.Glen
    [SIGPIC]

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 310DA
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350Mags, V-Drive

Sorry to here of your condition Henry, but I am confident that you will be boating next season and many more after. Get well soon!

Summer Daze 3
    2007 310 DA, 350 Mags, V-Drives
    Tender: 2007 Triumph 150CC
    Previous boats: 1999 270 SE, 454, Bravo 3; Bryant 212, 350, Alpha 1; Bryant 160, Yamaha outboard. All bought new off the showroom floor!

Boat
    Looking/Going smaller
    Details
    N/A
    Engine(s)
    N/A

Henry, There are few appropriate words. My prayer for you is complete and full healing! I also pray that
    the Holy Spirit touches your heart and the Peace of GOD that passes all understanding guards your heart
    and mind. May GOD bless you Henry in the mightiest way! JC
    1998 SR 450 DA
    CATS 3126
    "ROARING TOWERS OF POWER"
    Key Largo-Boat/Kentucky Non-Boat

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    02' 280 DA
    Engine(s)
    496 w BIII

Quote Originally Posted by 66pony View Post
    Good luck Henry. Hopefully someone will donate the needed liver. Have you thought of a lobe transplant? There are a few places that do that in the US. that way a person will donate a lobe of the liver and it will regenerate in each person.
    If it was just liver disease/cirrhosis a partial replacement would work. But cancer is the gift that keeps on giving, so even though it is all on one side now there is nothing to prevent it from returning at a later date on the present good side.

For anyone who isn't a donor. It is very quick and easy to register. It can be done through the local DMV, or it can be done on line via the UNOS.ORG website. Actually the registration that is done via the DMV goes into the UNOS database UNOS is the organization that manages all donor organs in the US and runs the organ banks. By registering with UNOS, a hospital can query UNOS's IT system in the event of a tragedy without needing to see a license.

I'd like to thank everyone who has offered best wishes and prayers. It really does mean a lot and it is yet one more reminder that I have gotten since I began this journey that people are all genuinely good spirited, especially in light of the horribly divisive political climate that has developed.

Henry
    Ciao Bella - '02 280 DA - 496 MAG B III
    Air Bella - '07 Zodiac Fastroller -T 6' Alu & Plastic Oars

​MMSI 338130198

Boat
    Sea Ray: Sea Doo
    Details
    280 Sundancer 2008, GTX LTDiS (tender)
    Engine(s)
    496/BIII, Rotax 1503

Henry, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have had experiences with managing transplants for the last 30 years. You are what I would say is a prime candidate for a good prognosis, disciplined and motivated. Best of luck to you.

Boat
    Beneteau
    Details
    2014, 44, EC.
    Engine(s)
    2 X 370HP Volvo D6, DPH Duo Prop's

Organ donor - yes. I hope you your procedure goes well.

Previously:
    • 2003, Sea Ray, 360 w/ 8.1's
    • Small sail boats