Thread: Auto Shipping

Boat
    Boatless
    Details
    Sold 1999 270DA Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.7l Mercuiser

Re: Auto Shipping

If Reliable is to expensive you may want to lookup some classic car dealers on the East coast I have spoke with these folks about a couple cars they should be able to steer you in the right direction for a good car hauler, I don't remember who they used I almost bought a car from them to be hauled out here great guys on the phone didn't mind talking or rushing you.

I can't recall the cost I think it was $1,600 uncovered $2,100 covered, from the East Coast to here you may need to wait after they pick yours up till the hauler has a close to full load to get the best price.

I've shipped many cars in the past if it's an open trailer you could have a cheap wrap made which will bring you up to about the same price as a closed trailer but worth the money it's a gamble with an open trailer check your insurance most won't cover hauling damage unless it's a classic or you pay for a rider on a newer vehicle.

http://www.ccautosales.com/
    Last edited by Bob & Sue; 01-02-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    Bob & Sue
    Puget Sound Wa

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 420 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    T-8.1S Horizons

At this time of year I wouldn't consider an open trailer. Good chance they'll hit rain or snow going all the way across the country and it'll make a huge mess of the car sitting behind the hauler.

Bart
    Quarter century of Sea Rays
    2005 420 Sundancer ( 6 years and counting...)
    1993 400 Express (9 years -sold)
    1988 300 Weekender (10 years - sold)
    1985 250 Sundancer (3 years -sold)

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 550DB
    Engine(s)
    MAN CRM-900

Auto Shipping

I've read this post through twice now and I feel like I'm missing something. This vehicle is a Ford Edge. If the deal you got on this car was so good that you traveled across the nation to get it, then where lies the interest in spending exorbitant amounts of money to ship it back across the country with enclosed high-end specialty auto transport companies? Do you think that when Ford shipped it to the original dealer it left the plant in an enclosed specialty trailer? I just drove past a Ford plant on my way to the airport last week and saw hundreds, probably over a thousand, vehicles sitting outside in a staging lot waiting for distribution around the country. Every single one had 6" of snow on it.

Even if you hire the best detail shop in your area to clean it up for you when it arrives at your end, you'll still come out several hundred or a thousand bucks ahead. Like every other comment posted here, it's just my $0.02......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff S.
    Charlevoix, MI/Jupiter, FL
    2005 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge - MAN CRM-900
    2011 Regulator 29 FS - Twin Yamaha 300's
    2013 Zodiac 340 YachtLine - Yamaha 40
    2013 Vespa LX50

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser 350 mag

That's why I'm doing the enclosed cobb8tx. Havana, it was a decent deal but it's more about the color. Ford quit putting the color on the 17 models, and we like it a lot.
    It ends up being about the same price with the airfare and transport as the 2017.
    I talked to Reliable a few minutes ago and they said it could be a couple of weeks before they could pick it up. They won't commit to a smaller window, or give me more info as far as picking it up.
    Greg

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Sea Ray 400EC
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser

Quote Originally Posted by tc410 View Post
    I've read this post through twice now and I feel like I'm missing something. This vehicle is a Ford Edge. If the deal you got on this car was so good that you traveled across the nation to get it, then where lies the interest in spending exorbitant amounts of money to ship it back across the country with enclosed high-end specialty auto transport companies? Do you think that when Ford shipped it to the original dealer it left the plant in an enclosed specialty trailer? I just drove past a Ford plant on my way to the airport last week and saw hundreds, probably over a thousand, vehicles sitting outside in a staging lot waiting for distribution around the country. Every single one had 6" of snow on it.

Even if you hire the best detail shop in your area to clean it up for you when it arrives at your end, you'll still come out several hundred or a thousand bucks ahead. Like every other comment posted here, it's just my $0.02......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dunno man, I' m going out to Barrett Jackson and scope out some fine Ford Edges at the next auction. I'm going to be on the leading edge of a coming car craze!

Boat
    Searay Sundancer
    Details
    2006 340 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Merc 8.1L's V-Drives

Why not fly out and drive it home...
    Mark

Previous Boats ...95 300 Sundancer
    1990 Chaparral Villain IV Twin 454's
    Wellcraft Nova, Chris Craft Scorpion, Stingray
    Glaspar (WooHoo where the fun began)

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser 350 mag

TC410, it's not that it's some outrageously high dollar car, I just want to keep it from getting chipped up in the winter road conditions.
    Villain, I don't really want to drive that route in the winter, an with time off work it would cost me a lot more.
    CaptRonn, I would appreciate you keep you smart ass comments to yourself, thank you.
    Greg

Boat
    Four Winns
    Details
    '08 V318
    Engine(s)
    T-5.0MPI DTS Bravo III

Bronze Fire?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser 350 mag

Quote Originally Posted by firecadet613 View Post
    Bronze Fire?
    Yes, we really like it.
    Greg

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2008 195 Sport
    Engine(s)
    MerCruiser 5.0 w/ Alpha

When my company transferred me from Texas to VA, they used Reliable to move my car. Everything was fine but when the car arrived it was amazingly dirty. Apparently the car was the front car on the top of the open carrier, so it picked up every type of bug and dirt along the way. The windshield was so dirty I could barely see through it enough to drive it to the local full service car wash. They had to run it through the was twice, then spend a long time hand finishing it. $25 for the wash, and $20 tip to each of the two guys who worked for half an hour to get rid every last spec of crap off the front of the car. Best $65 I ever spent!!!
    Steve
    2008 195 Sport Mercruiser 5.0L TKS w/ Alpha One Drive
    Richmond, VA. (Boat at Lake Anna)