Boat
    Boatless
    Details
    Sold 1999 270DA Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.7l Mercuiser

Re: Auto Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by tc410 View Post
    I've read this post through twice now and I feel like I'm missing something. This vehicle is a Ford Edge. If the deal you got on this car was so good that you traveled across the nation to get it, then where lies the interest in spending exorbitant amounts of money to ship it back across the country with enclosed high-end specialty auto transport companies? Do you think that when Ford shipped it to the original dealer it left the plant in an enclosed specialty trailer? I just drove past a Ford plant on my way to the airport last week and saw hundreds, probably over a thousand, vehicles sitting outside in a staging lot waiting for distribution around the country. Every single one had 6" of snow on it.

Even if you hire the best detail shop in your area to clean it up for you when it arrives at your end, you'll still come out several hundred or a thousand bucks ahead. Like every other comment posted here, it's just my $0.02......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take a look at any NEW vehicle on a car hauler from the factory they all have car wraps on them, might be why all cars are mostly white when they arrive before removing the wrap.

Even Bayliner & Searay wrap all their boats for transport even 180 bowrider.
    Bob & Sue
    Puget Sound Wa

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 500DB
    Engine(s)
    QSM11's, Honda 30HP

I wanted a bronze fire explorer but as you stated they stopped the color. So I went a different direction.

Previous Sea Rays:
    2007 36. DB Mirage'
    2003 320 DA Havana Shamrock
    1998 250 DA Frozen with Salt

Boat
    Four Winns
    Details
    '08 V318
    Engine(s)
    T-5.0MPI DTS Bravo III

Quote Originally Posted by wyrman View Post
    Yes, we really like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Shamrock View Post
    I wanted a bronze fire explorer but as you stated they stopped the color. So I went a different direction.
    I know what you mean. I had a ’14 F150 in Sunset (predecessor to Bronze Fire) and they don’t offer Bronze Fire in the Sport package on the new trucks, so my ’16 is Blue Flame. I did get my wife a ’16 Fusion in Bronze Fire – we love the unique Red’s Ford has!

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    98 450 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    3126's

Little late to the game, but I have used Relable several times now, for both my own and client cars. They aren't cheap, but it's far less than moving a 50' boat across the country, and the enclosed service is hands down phenomenal. There's a reason they are booked solid around Barrett-Jackson and Mecum auctions, as well as SEMA. $2k across country isn't much more than what it would cost you and the wife to drive it with fuel, decent food and hotels. Especially when you factor your time and weather this time of year.

One thing I will mention is that the dealer may be anxious to move the vehicle off their lot, so you may need to work with them if the carrier is delayed or find someone to help you out with keeping it in a garage for a little bit. That takes trust, but it is easier than you'd think when you are a member of an online community.
    Nick

98 450DA
    3126 Cats

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser 350 mag

I ended up going with United Routes, they also move high end and classic cars. They will be picking it up today, and it's on a two car enclosed transport so it'll get here a little quicker as well.
    I couldn't be happier with the guy I'm working with.
    As far as the dealer is concerned, I've talked with my salesman and mentioned them wanting it off the lot, and he said it's no big deal, it's not in their way.
    Great dealership in my opinion.
    Thanks for all the help guys, the wife will have her new ride soon.
    Greg

Boat
    Boatless
    Details
    Sold 1999 270DA Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.7l Mercuiser

Never used them myself there's a custom car shop 2 miles down the road from me last summer I remember seeing one of their trailers there dropping off a Lamborghini for a body off paint job.

Just a thought give your insurance agent a call to make sure it fully insured at replacement cost. On my classic car insurance I need to contact them whenever it's to be trailer ed by a company they just want to know who is in possession of it. I have an agreed value on it just like yacht insurance.

Hope she enjoys her new vehicle.
    Bob & Sue
    Puget Sound Wa

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser 350 mag

Thanks Bob, insurance has already placed a policy on it and it is insured for 100% replacement, and they know it's being shipped.
    It was picked up a little bit ago, and is on it's way.
    Greg

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    340 AJ
    Engine(s)
    Twin Merc's

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRonn View Post
    Dunno man, I' m going out to Barrett Jackson and scope out some fine Ford Edges at the next auction. I'm going to be on the leading edge of a coming car craze!

Do you practice being a Dick or does that come natural ???

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Sea Ray 400EC
    Engine(s)
    Mercruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Another Thousand View Post
    Do you practice being a Dick or does that come natural ???
    I was born with a sense of humor, unlike you obviously.

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    1988 250 CC. Tow with a 2006 Dodge RAM Hemi
    Engine(s)
    340 HP Merc 454 c.i.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRonn View Post
    I was born with a sense of humor, unlike you obviously.
    I thought that was funny.
    1988 250 CC towed by a Dodge RAM Hemi Previous boats include 2001 Four Winn Vista 248, 1980 Silverline, 1962 Glaspar Delmar-one of the best boats ever! And a 66 Dorset 16 footer with a Sears 45 hp OB. http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/sl...tml?sort=3&o=2 Hole in the Water Club Member 2013.