Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1994 370 Express Cruiser
    Engine(s)
    454 Mercruisers

Re: State police visited

My money is on a scam .....probably Craigslist in Florida. They probably used pictures of your boat to scam someone out of a deposit or put your boat name on a stolen boat. Either way the Detective in Florida was putting together the case and needed local confirmation that you still had the boat. Why don't you give the Florida Detective a call to see if he needs anything else from you (and find out what the real story is).
    RestorationMarine.com

ASE Master Mechanic

1994 -370 Express Cruiser
    Washington, D.C.

Boat
    Sea Fox
    Details
    2016 Sea Fox 286 cc (in the market for a 330+ sundancer) 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
    Engine(s)
    Twin 250 yamaha

I work in a very related field to the person who paid you a visit the other night....... There are reports around the country of numerous violations of the Boat Identification Act, I remember seeing a country wide law enforcement specific email about it a short while back. It interested me and and I read it in its entirety mainly because of my boat addictions haha. I just tried to find it in my work email but it must have been deleted.

It was something along the lines of boat exporters altering the HINs on stolen boats and shipping them overseas never to be seen again. I believe Florida has the highest number of dealers which export boats on the east coast and the gulf. If I was a betting man I would put money on a unit of the Florida State Police (probably some unit similar to the Governor's Auto Theft Taskforce which was recently disbanded on my job) checking up on a lead of a stolen boat being sold, possibly a very similar HIN to yours so they could be rounding up all the possible boats and physically inspecting them.

And its ALWAYS better to make a house visit rather than a phone call on matters like this, a person reaction and facial expressions can tell a lot.

Boat
    Searay 320 Sundancer
    Details
    Sundancer 320 2004
    Engine(s)
    260 5.0 B III's

That's helpful Jmac, thanks.
    "5 O'Clock Somewhere II"
    2004 Sea Ray 320
    5.0 260 B-III's