Boat
    Chaparral - shopping Searay now
    Details
    Looking for 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    350 twins

Re: My boat is still a LEMON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OllieC View Post
    Sounds like it was at the bottom of the sea floor before you purchased it. The rot sounds weird. I a own a 75 year old, Cape Cod home, and the outdoor sills don't have rot.
    The bow deck windows were both leaking - faulty seals - water leaked behind the head liner.
    2014 330 Sundacer
    Longboat Key, Florida

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2010 350 Sundancer Raymarine c95 GPS KVH Satellite
    Engine(s)
    Twin Mercury 8.1 Horizon V-Drives

I had a plethora of problems with my 350 over the first couple of years. It was purchased with about 50 hours on it and had a survey. Most of the issues ended up being build defects. SeaRay stepped up and worked with my dealer to solve a major cabin leak that caused thousands of dollars in damage. Entire AC system had to be replaced by the dealer.

My skylights have been removed and resealed multiple times. Dealer had to remount both engines to solve an issue from the factory. They're on custom mounts the owner of the dealer personally made. I haven't had any issues since purchase.

The list of other issues goes on and on. Many have been rather minor. I.e.: the heating element in my grill has gone out twice. Kenyon has been awesome in sending out a replacement at not cost both times.

Make sure SR is aware. I have found they are responsive and will work with your dealer.
    Ryan

2010 350 Sudancer, Twin 8.1 Horizons

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2010 350 Sundancer Raymarine c95 GPS KVH Satellite
    Engine(s)
    Twin Mercury 8.1 Horizon V-Drives

Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    The bow deck windows were both leaking - faulty seals - water leaked behind the head liner.
    I had this issue! It took the dealer three tries to solve the problem. They also replaced the curtain, which had gotten soaked and moldy. Terrible design by sea ray.
    Ryan

2010 350 Sudancer, Twin 8.1 Horizons

Michigan Center, MI, Penobscot, ME & Catawba Island, OH
    Boat
    Trojan International
    Details
    12 Meter Trojan International Motor Yacht Dinghy: Avon R3.11
    Engine(s)
    454 Crusaders

Unhappy My boat is still a LEMON!!!!

Scary stuff.
    Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2010 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    T-350mags w/BIIIs & Axius, 5.0 kw Kohler

Quote Originally Posted by WDCboater View Post
    I had this issue! It took the dealer three tries to solve the problem. They also replaced the curtain, which had gotten soaked and moldy. Terrible design by sea ray.
    Curiuos why you think it's a bad design instead of poor workmanship and quality control. I have not had leaks in that area. In fact, my 2010 has been leak free. My 280DA leaked like a sieve. Many others didn't have similar problems. I chalked it up to bad quality control.
    Jim T.
    Charlotte, NC (LKN)
    Prior Boats:
    2006 280 DA w/5.0s, B3s
    2005 240 SD 350 Mag
    2001 Beneteau 393

Boat
    sea ray
    Details
    2006 sea ray 280
    Engine(s)
    Twin 5.0's with B3's closed cooling with Kohler 5E

Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    Curiuos why you think it's a bad design instead of poor workmanship and quality control. I have not had leaks in that area. In fact, my 2010 has been leak free. My 280DA leaked like a sieve. Many others didn't have similar problems. I chalked it up to bad quality control.
    Does it really matter ? Bottom line ........... Customer/ Buyer is pi$$ed off. Not his job to figure it out, and should he feel better ?? If it's A,B or C ?

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2010 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    T-350mags w/BIIIs & Axius, 5.0 kw Kohler

Quote Originally Posted by scoflaw View Post
    Does it really matter ? Bottom line ........... Customer/ Buyer is pi$$ed off. Not his job to figure it out, and should he feel better ?? If it's A,B or C ?
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to answer a question that clearly was not posed to you.

One of the two boats being discussed is the same model as mine and the other is the same design but larger. If information about a design issue was learned from the Sea Ray or the dealer while working through the several problems it would be useful to me and others with the same design boat. I have been fortunate not to experience the issues skunkman and WDCboater have had with their boats but I would like to know if there are potential problems with the design I should be addressing now.

So it does really matter to me.
    Jim T.
    Charlotte, NC (LKN)
    Prior Boats:
    2006 280 DA w/5.0s, B3s
    2005 240 SD 350 Mag
    2001 Beneteau 393

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    The yacht delivery captain for Sea Ray Boats Inc.
    Engine(s)
    mostly 1100hp CAT/MAN

skunkman....I PM'ed you. Feel free to reply if you believe I may be of any help here.

Rusty
    How can I help improve your boating

Boat
    Chaparral - shopping Searay now
    Details
    Looking for 330 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    350 twins

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rusty Higgins View Post
    skunkman....I PM'ed you. Feel free to reply if you believe I may be of any help here.

Rusty
    Rusty,
    Thank you for your PM.

You helped me out before, hopefully you can again. I really want to love this boat.

I found out yesterday that in addition to the engine coupler the boat needs 4 new batteries.

Today I got this email from the service manager at MarineMax:

My tech just informed me your trim tab cylinders are leaking and need replaced. They cost $352 for the pair and 1.75 ($190.75) hours labor to replace . He also noted the starboard engine end caps were leaking and needed replaced. O-rings and seals cost $223.82 and 3.6 hours ($392.40) to replace. The hydraulic smell you noticed is the upper yoke seal leaking fluid (2.5 hours to repair ($272.50).

I dare not inform my wife of this or I'm certain I will be boatless by the end of the week!!!!
    2014 330 Sundacer
    Longboat Key, Florida

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1999/2007 330 Sundancer Hardtop.
    Engine(s)
    6.2 Merc Horixons 1.5:1 Velvet Drives

IMHO, this borders on criminal neglect.

Check to see if your state has a Lemon Law for boats.

I have to wonder IF SR knows or if MM is the major screwer here. IF SR knows and IF SR was the company we all want to believe it is, they should have taken the boat back at corporate level and provided a like kind exchange after a survey by the owners surveyor.

Pure Bullsh!t in my book. Totally unacceptable. The owner bought a $250,000 boat, not a $2500 Ford Pinto, although the owner may feel differently about now.
    Best Regards,
    David

"Saint Max", '99 330 Dancer
    2007 6.2L Mercruiser Horizons; 1.5:1 Velvet V5000 "V" Drives