Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2011 470 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Cummins 480s w/ Zeus PODs

Re: Hydraulic Lift Install Pics Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by tdgard View Post
    So what do they do to refurbish an old 470 platform, install lifting hardware, and make it lighter?
    Two big differences....One, if you look at the photo I posted earlier in this thread of my old platform leaning against the fence you will see the part that mounts to the transom has a large and very thick face to it that is secured to the hull with 12 huge through hull bolts. That face doesn't exist on the new platform because the platform of course can't be fastened to the hull. Second, you will notice very large, thick, and deep stringers than run parallel to boat. These huge stringers are necessary because the old platform has to support so much cantilevered weight (the weight of itself which is about 800 lbs, plus the weight of humans standing on it). The new platform has much smaller stringers that run the opposite direction because the lifting arms run parallel to the boat. My guess is that the new platform weighs 400 lbs. Each arm weights maybe 150 lbs each (I estimate that because I picked one up and bicep curled the weight 8 times). That was a joke of course. Most I can curl with one arm is 100 lbs. OK I'll stop joking.

The new platform looked brand new to me but I was told by owner that it probably would not be new. The rub rail was brand new all the way around and the ladder looked brand new with zero rust. The only thing not exactly like my old platform on the surface was the Sea Ray emblem in the center bubble hole was absent.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2011 470 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Cummins 480s w/ Zeus PODs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Allen View Post
    I know Tom Gilliken of Florida Bow Thrusters and have been on his personal Sea Ray 500 DA. They do great work.
    Yes, Tom is a very nice person to deal with. The team he sent me was "team 1" Scott and Henry both of whom represent FL Bowthrusters very well. They did quality work in which they took pride, and for many hours over the course of three days I was with them which is not always easy...having the picky boat owner looking over your shoulder. They accidentally broke my underwater light which they brought to my attention before I noticed. They ordered, shipped, paid, and installed a new one for me without blinking.

Boat
    Sea Ray 260 DA
    Details
    2003 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    350 Mercrusier w/ Bravo III out drive

Hydraulic Lift Install Pics Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    Today went well right up until we realized there was air stuck in the hydraulics which caused one side to lift higher than the other. They will fix tomorrow. Some pics in the meantime...
    Attachment 48038
    Attachment 48039
    Attachment 48040
    Attachment 48041

See the videos below....

http://vid859.photobucket.com/albums...ps2mupyrcg.mp4
    http://vid859.photobucket.com/albums...psdxirzslp.mp4
    Nice addition, looks like a genuine quality job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 260 Sundancer
    350 Mag/Bravo III
    Myrtle Beach, S. C.

Life is fun when you have both a happy wife and a smooth running Sea Ray!

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    05-270 Sundeck
    Engine(s)
    496 w/Bravo III

Great information. Thanks and have fun with the new toy!