Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.CBangler.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Boat
    SeaRay
    Details
    2014 510 DA, Raymarine E120's
    Engine(s)
    Cummins w/Zeus (550 HP each)

Newport R.I. / Need Best Marina Recommendation

Looking to take my 510 from Sag Harbor to Newport R.I. for a relaxing weekend trip this summer.
    Can anyone recommend a clean, upscale, & centrally located marina in Newport R.I.?
    Thanks,
    AQ

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    300 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    5.0MPI Bravo III

Re: Newport R.I. / Need Best Marina Recommendation

The Newport Harbor Hotel is where you want to be - second choice would be the Newport Yachting Center......If you want the most expensive/snobby 41* north....

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 Sundancer 44
    Engine(s)
    Cummins QSC 8.3

I also hear very good things about Newport Marina, they just in the last year or two complete remodeled include all new floating docks.

I am going to try them this summer on our visit.

2007 44DA Daddy's Toy
    Cummins QSC 8.3 500
    Highfield CL290 Yamaha F9.9

Boat
    Searay
    Details
    "Shane On You II" 2009 43 Sundancer "Shane On You" 2008 310 Sundancer
    Engine(s)
    Twin Cummings Turbo Diesel Engines, 480hp

Newport R.I. / Need Best Marina Recommendation

I second the Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina.... it's in the best spot in town... nightlife is a hop skip and a jump away and if you have kids they have an indoor pool for when it's raining :)
    Jealous I want to go this year but not going to make it.... maybe next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2005 Sea Ray 340 Sundancer, 2016 Sea Ray 19 SPX OB
    Engine(s)
    496 Mercruisers with Bravo IIIs, Mercury 150 Fourstroke

We also prefer the Newport harbor hotel marina. The staff is great and location is even better.

Upgrades: Raymarine e95 with 18"color HD radar, Raymarine i70, Mercury Vesselview 7, Icom M424
    Previous Boats: 1999 Searay 260OV - 7.4L MPI with Bravo I drive
    2001 Monterey 180 BR - 140 Mercruiser and Alpha I drive
    1972 Checkmate 16ft - 150hp Mercury inline 6
    1976 Searay SRV 190 - 350 Chevy and OMC outdrive

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2015 L650 Fly #509
    Engine(s)
    CAT C-18, 1,150 HP

Upscale - 41 North
    great Marina, great location - Newport Yachting Center
    Need a pool - Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2006 58 Sedan Bridge, Walker Bay Generation 390 RIB w/40hp Yamaha, 2014 Wellcraft 232 CC w/Yamaha
    Engine(s)
    MAN 900 CRM

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Gull View Post
    Upscale - 41 North
    great Marina, great location - Newport Yachting Center
    Need a pool - Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina
    I would agree with Jeff's assessment above.......with a caveat. We've stayed at all three of these marinas, but had an interesting experience with the first two. I don't recall the year, 2010, maybe, but we had a one week reservation at the Yacht Center. Great location, great dock, great staff. We arrived as scheduled on a Sunday with a Saturday morning departure scheduled. On Wednesday the Dockmaster informed me, with no explanation, that the marina would be closed the upcoming Friday and Saturday nights and that we were being relocated to 41 North (although I don't think that was the name at the time). When I protested they Dockmaster told me it wasn't his fault but a dignitary was having her new yacht delivered and didn't want any boats under 60 feet in the marina for her parties. No degree of discussion was going to change it so we moved. As it turns out, the DM finally relented and told me the dignitary was "Mrs. Heinz", who I assumed was of the big ketchup money. I did not know she was John Kerry's wife (not that such knowledge would have changed my opinion of her, him or the marina at the time....it still hasn't changed about her and him). I haven't been back to Newport since but if I did visit I would likely stay at the Yacht Center despite my experience. It is the best facility and right in the midst of all the action (and my LOA is 61' so I wouldn't suffer the displacement.....I guess). The one caveat is if you have kids, the the Hotel and Marina are a better choice.
    Brian

2006 58 Sedan Bridge MAN CRM 900's, 2006 52 Sedan Bridge QSM-11's, 2006 44 Sedan Bridge QSC 500's, 2006 40 Sundancer 8.1HO's, 2003 320 Sundancer 350Magnum I/B's

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 Sundancer 44
    Engine(s)
    Cummins QSC 8.3

Ah, that must have been the yacht then MA senator Kerry tried to have docked in RI to avoid paying MA sales tax, that is of course after he had it built in New Zealand at the same time 2-3 custom builders in RI\CT were struggling to keep afloat (some of which didn't).

I believe the Yacht Center have reciprocal privileges with the Marriott for use of the pool and gym etc.

2007 44DA Daddy's Toy
    Cummins QSC 8.3 500
    Highfield CL290 Yamaha F9.9