Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.CBangler.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    1995 550 Sedan Bridge, 2010 Boston Whaler 130 Super Sport, 1971 Boston Whaler 130 Sport,
    Engine(s)
    CAT 3406C's, 580hp.

Re: If you had to rank your boat upgrades - what would be your top two or three???

One thing I forgot to put on my list, and a comment on Frank's nylon extenders:

I had a new swim platform built and installed last summer. I still need to put the rub rail on, but we're waiting for warmer weather to install it. Photos to come when I have time.

I did the same thing NotHerDecision did on the extensions: I bought some clear vinyl tubing at Lowe's and cut them to fit the holes. I cut the outlet end at an angle so it ends in a tip where the water collects and drips off. No fuss, no muss.
    1995 550 Sedan Bridge "Beachcomber"
    'There is nothing-absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
    Proud dues paying Charter Member of the Hole In The Water Club!

Boat
    Cobalt
    Details
    1997 232 BR
    Engine(s)
    502 MAG, Bravo I

Re: If you had to rank your boat upgrades - what would be your top two or three???

I have to give props (pun intended) to PropMD.com. I had my props reconditioned and they do phenomenal work.

In the picture below, I ground off about 3/4" off the blades of my 4-blade prop as I stupidly rocked my boat off a sandbar after running aground 2 summers ago. My 3-blade had minor dings and needed polishing. I thought the 4-blade was un-repairable but they quoted $250 to fix it and $115 for the 3-blade. When I picked up them up a few weeks ago, the total bill was $225 for both props!!! They welded on 3/4" of stainless to each of the 4 blades, polished and balanced. I have no affiliation with them but I'm lucky that their shop is only about 7 miles from house. First class operation all the way.

Founder of BoatingSuite.com

Previous Sea Rays:
    2008 280 Sundancer (496 MAG, BIII, Gen) - SOLD
    2008 240 Sundeck (350 MAG, BIII) - SOLD

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    '07 340 DA, E97, A75, VV4, Soft Top '12 Boston Whaler 15 Montauk
    Engine(s)
    8.1 Mercruiser V-Drives, Mercury 60 HP Bigfoot

The short list:

Camper Canvas
    Stereo upgrade
    ACME Props
    Raymarine Quantum radar and 2 MFD's
    Vessel View 4
    Infinity Carpet
    Scott of the most excellent Sea Ray "Destiny".
    "You listen. On this ship, you're to refer to me as 'idiot', not 'you captain'. I mean, you know what I mean.

Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
    Previous boats: '03 320 DA, '01 280 DA, '95 270 DA, '81 260 DA, '87 230 WE, '66 Boston whaler 13 sport, '75 BW 13 Sport, '87 BW 15 Supersport, '09 BW 15 Supersport and a couple of dinghies.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2007 310DA
    Engine(s)
    Twin 350Mags, V-Drive

I haven't done much:
    Lake water wash down
    All LED lighting
    Upgraded stereo
    All chain anchor line

Future:
    Custom camper canvas
    Hardwood cabin flooring
    Last edited by JimG; 05-19-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Summer Daze 3
    2007 310 DA, 350 Mags, V-Drives
    Tender: 2007 Triumph 150CC
    Previous boats: 1999 270 SE, 454, Bravo 3; Bryant 212, 350, Alpha 1; Bryant 160, Yamaha outboard. All bought new off the showroom floor!

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2002 480 Sedan Bridge
    Engine(s)
    Cat 3196

Not too much done but I did get the Infinity Flooring for the cockpit and really like it.
    This weekend, I am taking delivery of a new RIB. A local company was willing to take in my 2004, Zodiac 310 RIB as a trade and I'm getting a brand new RIB. Different brand, not Zodiac but I am really looking forward to receiving it.

Boat
    SEA RAY
    Details
    2011 260 DA 350 Previous boats: 2002 240 DA, 1999 215 Chap, and 1988 Searay Seaville
    Engine(s)

Swim platform
    Magma Grill with pole mounted to new swim platform
    Switching dealers/service shops.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    320 Sundancer 2005, Raymarine C120 and C80 Highfield 9.6 RIB & Tohatsu 8hp Previous boat: 215 expre
    Engine(s)
    350 Mercruisers V-drives

This will be our 4th season with our 320 and we're still loving it though the kids are slowly pushing us into a bigger boat (really my wife is..lol). Since having the boat we've done the following upgrades ranked in order of usability and comfort:

Completed:
    1. Dinghy and Davits
    2. 40" Cabin TV
    3. Shower teak grate
    4. KVH (2 TV install)
    5. Extended Cockpit Canvas shade
    6. Larger Cockpit Table
    7. Led spreader light
    8. New Cockpit Carpet
    9. Led lighting (cabin and cockpit)
    10. Isinglass upgrade to polycarbonate
    11. Quieter Genny Muffler

To do:
    1. Small inverter
    2. Cabin Carpet replacement
    3. Would like to mount the grill by the transom (on a table type platform)
    4. Get bigger boat with all upgrades listed above ;-)
    Last edited by Irie308; 05-19-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    Current: 1998 370 Express Cruiser Sold:1988 230 Weekender
    Engine(s)
    Twin Cat 3116T

Quote Originally Posted by JVM225 View Post
    What TV's and brackets did you go with for the Master and Aft berths? I've already got a flat panel in the salon, but still have the old tube TV's in the two staterooms.
    I went with this TV in the master: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It came with a 12v lighter plug, I just had to extend an existing 12v power source through the closet and into the master berth. I actually put a double outlet so I could run a Sony Blu Ray player (similar to this one: https://www.costco.com/Sony-BDP-BX37...100281961.html) as well, both run on 12v and use very little power. I have an external hard drive with loads of HD movies that I can plug in to the USB port on the BR player, and watch directly from the hard drive through the player. Very convenient setup, and I don't have to run the genny to watch TV or movies.

1998 370 Express Cruiser "Seafari"
    Moored in Parkshore Marina, Seattle, WA

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    2008 195 Sport
    Engine(s)
    MerCruiser 5.0 w/ Alpha

1)Honda generator on swim platform
    2) 7 zillion candlepower LED light bar on arch
    Steve
    2008 195 Sport Mercruiser 5.0L TKS w/ Alpha One Drive
    Richmond, VA. (Boat at Lake Anna)

Boat
    Sea Ray
    Details
    02' 280 DA
    Engine(s)
    496 w BIII

If you had to rank your boat upgrades - what would be your top two or three???

We've had ten years to make upgrades, so some of the earlier ones are due for renewal.

A teak grate table and cup holders,
    B teak deck grates for cabin step well and head,
    C teak helm panels,
    D cherry table for galley,
    E SmartCraft gauge conversion with SC5000 SystemView display,
    F complete Raymarine C80 setup: radar, depth, heading sensor, GPS & AIS tied to SmartCraft display,
    G Standard Horizon 2150 with AIS, MMI & DSC tied to RM/SC,
    H LCD 12 volt tv with amplified antenna,
    I pedestal grill mount on swim platform,
    J forward and side clear pieces converted to Strataglass,
    K window on transom camper back enlarged with Strataglass w/ zip out and screen.

For this year we are kind of on the fence. Now that we have moved from using our dock at the house into a marina, upsizing becomes possible. So do we carry one with upgrades; full electronics suite upgrade, genset, or, just move on to bigger and greener pastures.

Henry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Ciao Bella - '02 280 DA - 496 MAG B III
    Air Bella - '07 Zodiac Fastroller -T 6' Alu & Plastic Oars

​MMSI 338130198